Preflower bud with pistils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Preflower bud with pistils

Just want to know if I should switch to flower nutes for my DWC setup now that one of my girls has 2 preflower buds that have pistils sticking out? Should I wait until I see more?

She is an auto flower germinated Sept 15 so just a little over 5 weeks old. Breeder website says it is 9 week seed-to-harvest.

cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Great question, subbing to find out answer. My girls (also autos) started flower in week 3! I run supersoil, so no switching nutes, but I do have some roots organic uprising bloom that I thought about using as a top treatment
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Definitely should switch. While I have absolutely no experience with autos, I do with photos. Pistils mean it's flowering now and you should be using flowering nutrients. With photos it's a little easier cause flowering starts when you switch to 12/12, so you can start transition nutrients and then flowering. Autos you don't really know when they switch until you see pistils (from what I understand), but definitely switch now.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Flowering doesnt start when you flip 12/12. It starts when you see the first pistols. That's why breeder times seem so inaccurate. They go by when the first pistols appear, not when the switch the light cycle.

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought that was just for autos? https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-flowering-stage
        Part under week 1-3 says it starts as soon as you switch to 12/12.

I agree, when you see pistols you begin to transition to flowering nutes.

Comment

I would switch. I am relatively new to autos but I have done 3 or 4. I would bet 9 weeks seed to harvest is off by about 6 weeks. Have a great grow !!
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with you, I've done a bunch of autos, and the fastest I've ever had was day 59, seed was from NewGuy420,
          They normally take about 12-14weeks, to get done, the way I like them.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          @DAAS My first grow (BigBang Auto) is still in the tent at 13 weeks and still has a couple weeks to go. But I know I made mistakes with them that probably really hurt their growth.

Howdy YYCannabis, could You have gotten some auto seeds? I would do what the folks that use the auto bloom seeds do. Since I do not have any experience with autos, I'll leave it at that.
        Good luck.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          They are autos. I haven’t tried photos yet.

General consensus appears to be switching to flower nutes. Thanks for the input , everyone. I wasn’t sure if I needed to wait until I saw more preflower buds.

cheers
        YYC
        There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
        1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
        2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
        3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X