Help! Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Need advice

First time grower received 5 clones and coming up on 4 weeks in veg state. I was told to transplant into bigger container, which I did Sunday and plants are not bouncing back. They have been watered and all of them are showing signs of under/over watering but it doesn't seem right. Various leaves are turning yellow and have spotting. I know the plants are stressed but how long after transplant should they start looking better?

I can post a newer pic soon but attached is what they looked like last Thursday. And they have just gone downhill since Saturday.

I'm using promix bx mycorrhizae soil. Plants were transferred from 1 gallon pots to 7 gallon fabric pots. T5 lights, in a grow tent. Humidity and temperatures are on point. I water with tap water every 3-5 days.
    Attached Files

First of all. Stop watering them. Sometimes it takes a plant a few days to recover from transplanting. They actually look pretty good to me. Don't water your girls on a schedule. Water them when they need it.

Comment

• susieqtpie83
      susieqtpie83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just added pics. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you! Just need to know if they are salvageable still.

I agree with Kingfish. When I did my last transplant the ladies went 5days before the pots dried. It can vary though.

Curious to see how they look now. The posted pic from last Thursday does look okay.
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• susieqtpie83
      susieqtpie83 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just added pics from today. Appreciate any insight. My friend who guided me on buying everything and hooked me up with the clones says I'm overthinking this but refuses to come by and look.

Just need to know if they are salvageable, and if any can be used as a mother (which one) and which for cloning for future.

I'm a hydro grower, so no advice from me, but they do look pretty good and once they do bounce back, you'll see them take off and get strong.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Here are more pics. Again I dont understand the yellowing. I have a friend who got clones from same person at same time using same soil and his are still in solo cups but are praying to the light and are all green.
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you adding nutes? These look deficient. If you are just using promix bx mycorrhizae soil it doesnt look like it has any fertilizer in it but i may be wrong.

Comment

• susieqtpie83
          susieqtpie83 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Temp is between 72-80. I ordered nutes and should have tomorrow so hopefully the girls perk up

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Green Planet nutes - 3 part nutrient system with Pro-Cal

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          susieqtpie83. When your nutes arrive, go lightly at first. If you plants are truly nutrient deficient, you notice an improvement within 36 hours or so. Then gradually get up to your recommended feed so you don’t wind up with nutrient burn and check your pH on the water you use for the mix

So i've never grown in soil, just hydro and coco so i cant recommend one line. I use GH Flora Trio, but i would not use them in soil. I've heard there are better products out there. Check out this page https://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients . It has everything you need to know about nutrients. I will say that if i ever do soil, i'll probably start with Fox Farms.

Comment

MegaCrop, from Greenleaf Nutrients, it's a one part, that's simple to use.
          They will even send you an 800gram, sample bag, for free, all you pay is shipping. About 6bucks.
          Nutrients are nutrients, many different kinds to choose from, but basically, they are all the same.
          I don't use nutrients, but I have, and MegaCrop was as good as any brand I've ever used.
          Let your plant dry out ,to the point of almost wilting, then water-feed them.
          In soil ,MJane, loves to go from wet to bone almost dry. They don't like too much water, at all.
          Right now I'm growing in 2gallon smartpots, and I don't water mine but every 4-5days.
          GoodLuck
          HappyGrowing.
          ps, yeah, your plant will do just fine, just don't overwater.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

I think they'll be fine..the transplant to a much bigger pot with new soil will slow things down for sure..They need some nutes but i would start off at half the recommended dosage for first few waters..Dont wanna shock them the other way. Hang in there..they'll perk up.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

I fed the girls this evening, how quickly do they respond back to a feeding? Meaning since my girls are deficient when should I expect to see improvement? Tyvm

Comment

If they’re truly deficient you can see a few changes in about a day and a half but that depends on a few factors like pH which causes nutrient lockout... if your pH is way off, then any additional nutrient within the lock out zone, remains locked out. Looks like the yellow leaves are telling you nitrogen deficiency

A nitrogen deficiency causes the lower/older leaves of a cannabis plant to start yellowing, wilting, and dropping off on their own. Learn how to fix it.

Comment

susieqtpie83 do have have the ph of the water you’re using? Additionally, you are probably watering so you have a runoff water you can test ? That way you have an in measurement and an out measurement. If you’re in need of a ph meter, check amazon... they can run $10 to $200.00 but a cheaper one should get you within a few points of reality. I have both and once calibrated... it’s amazing how well the $12.00 one really works!

Comment

• susieqtpie83
                    susieqtpie83 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is on my list to get. My friend never told me to get one. I'm finding that I get more help and advice here than from my "friend". Tyvm for the tip on which ones to get.

" when I look back at all the crap I learned in high school" … Paul Simon Kodachrome

susieqtpie83 , I have learned so much by being here that I hate to sound authoritarian but.... this ain't no regular horticultural program... The tricks and tips that so many people share can fill volumes... I've read over a dozen monster books on this topic and 85% of them were very helpful but I could have saved a ton of time by just logging in and reading the forum and the site itself. Folks here will steer you in the direction of advanced growing abilities.... much stuff will grow on its own, However, the refinements you learn here will go a VERY long way towards giving you a product you would want to share with the world and know it has quality. You become really proud of your accomplishments and its so much F***ing fun

Stay tuned as it get better and better...good luck with your pH meter...calibration is simple especially one that comes with the pH test powders...Turn the screw and you match the known values....done

Put a few cents away little by little and when Nebula and Sirius announce their next online course...check it out

Comment

THANK YOU everyone for your advice. The girls in fact needed the nutes and they are responding great. I went really low on what I gave them just to make sure and cannot believe the bounceback.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tersky
                    Tersky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad to hear! I appreciate you coming back and letting us know! Check out the rest of this site too! It has lots of great information!

• homegrown
                    homegrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great stuff susieq, they look much better already! Be sure to let them dry out before you water again, and keep the nutes light for a few more waters..now just sit back and watch them grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X