Need more light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need more light?

Ok guys. Newbie here, I am wondering I need more light? I'm having slow growth on my babies. I'm using mother earth coco perlite and general hydroponics notes. It's been 3l4 weeks since germination and there still so small most are only now get second set leaves. I'm using a hydrocrunch 300 watt light. Ph is 5.8 humidifier is on a programmer and heat is about 77 to 80 sometimes. 2x2x6 tent. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I look at alot of videos etc and by this time most have giant fan leaves and are pretty tall. Am I being to antsy or am I missing more light. No yellowing no drooping all are pretty happy from what I see. Thanks in advance guys.

Are you using a cal-mag supplement? You using GH Flora Trio or some other GH product. Coco needs cal-mag. Did you wash and buffer the coco before planting? I had some runts and i realized i forgot to buffer the coco. I grow with a 250w HPS so unless the light is faulty i dont think it's the light. Yes they sound stunted to me. I usually have mine trained and ready to flip by the 5-6 week, so at week 3 they should have at least 4 or 5 nodes. If you are not using calmag then that is most likely your problem.
    Last edited by Tersky; 10-22-2019, 04:07 PM. Reason: general hydroponics question

Comment

I did not know about buffer. I did pre soak the coco. Can you tell me how to buffer for future. Also at the hydro store they said no to cal mag ugh. I will pick some up. I'm using the gh trio....thanks for you response I hope to see some changes soon. Deffinetly learning alot.

Comment

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        No worries! They will bounce back once you add the calmag. i cant believe the hydro store told you no cal mag....maybe you didnt say it was for cannabis? To buffer add cal-mag supplement (i use calimagic from GH) per directions to water, ph the water and calmag to 6.0ish ph and water coco/perlite until water comes out the bottom. Wait a couple days for medium to dry a little then plant whatever you have. Your coco is effectively buffered. Now just add cal mag to nutes when you feed. I use GH Flora Trio and this schedule https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...s-schedule.pdf

Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Isholsean View Post
        Ok guys. Newbie here, I am wondering I need more light? I'm having slow growth on my babies. I'm using mother earth coco perlite and general hydroponics notes. It's been 3l4 weeks since germination and there still so small most are only now get second set leaves. I'm using a hydrocrunch 300 watt light. Ph is 5.8 humidifier is on a programmer and heat is about 77 to 80 sometimes. 2x2x6 tent. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I look at alot of videos etc and by this time most have giant fan leaves and are pretty tall. Am I being to antsy or am I missing more light. No yellowing no drooping all are pretty happy from what I see. Thanks in advance guys.
        Pics are always helpful in diagnosing problems. How large are the containers? Your environmentals look ok. I think your light has about 140 watts so it should be just adequate for the tent. Post pics
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Isholsean
          Isholsean commented
          Editing a comment
          I posted some pics hope it helps

Ok so today not looking as good as the other days what do you guys think. Still the calmag. Slow growth these clones you first see should at least be 18 inches or more. And then you see my from seed to now there all small

Comment

How far are your lights from them? They look a bit stretched out
          2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
          6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
          Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
          260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Isholsean
            Isholsean commented
            Editing a comment
            24inches

24 inches exactly from tops

Comment

I promise you if you use cal mag it will fix all your issue. I'm about 95% sure that's your issue. Happened with mine (in mother earth coco/perl btw). Upped the cal mag and today those plants are bigger than the other plants. Yours are a tad bit stretched but the lack of leafy growth means it's stunted.

Comment

• Isholsean
              Isholsean commented
              Editing a comment
              That's the brand I'm using as well. Mother earth

You should maybe cover the outside of the clone pots with black paper or something..roots aren't fond of lights. And i think the seedlings in last two pics look pretty good..maybe raise them up a couple of inches
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Comment

• Isholsean
              Isholsean commented
              Editing a comment
              I did not know that for the roots. Thanks for that new knowledge.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X