Sideshoots on sideshoots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sideshoots on sideshoots

Hello Everyone. Im on my second grow and only have one plant. Ive been delayed on the flowering flip ( light tubes got broke in the post) so shes nearly 9 weeks old. Ive scrogged her. Yesterday I noticed she is growing side shoots out of some of the side shoots, at the nodes nearest the growing tip. What do I do? Do I leave them or remove them when I flip? I do hope someone can help me as this is a new one on me. Thanks.

I trim most of them off by week 2-3 of flower. You want nice big colas, the side shoots mostly amount to crap.
    By rule of thumb, I only leave side shoots that reach the area where there is light and wind. The rest get chopped early on in flower.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't mean to butt into your post Suzie but this also is something i'm figuring out. Toker1 do you trim them off when the plant is showing mini bud like those kind when you say " 2-3 week of flower" or is it when you just flipped 12/12 wait those weeks then do the trimming?

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s really strain dependent. Some can handle more than others. If there are a few white hairs, it’s all good to remove them on most strains.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I am doing as both SoOrbudgal and Toker1 have mentioned for my 3rd grow in progress. Getting rid of the energy suckers makes sense to me.

Many Thanx Toker1

Comment

4 weeks further on Toker 1... Thanx for your advice, here she is.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks great to me Suzie good long veg time I like that. I just flipped mine at nine weeks no flowers yet but it's only been 8 days today. Good Luck

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Looking good!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X