first indoor grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first indoor grow

hello friends, i'm getting ready to start my first indoor grow, and will be using foxfarms ocean forest soil. I read an article that said to mix 10-20% perlite in the soil. so when i was at the home depot i saw some miracle grow perlite, and bought it. after i got home i notice it said the perrlite was enriched with miracle grow nutrients. so my question is, should a still use that perlite, or should a soak it in water , to try and rinse out the nutes? any thoughts?

Almost any article I have read say” do not use miracle gro soils with fertilizer built into them’. If you can’t feel comfortable using it washed, check out amazon, they have all kinds of perlite...of course: opinions vary.

Comment

hey John Perlite is to cheep to do all that, Miracle grow is not good for weed all you need is for it to release a bunch of N the 7th week of bloom ,weather you rinse it or not you will still wonder about it save it for your veggies , your dirt is good it will probably need some nutes before you finish, if you find you really like growing then I would think about a super soil ,I made the GWE recipe ,planted in it in April (in a Green house)its Oct. and I have not added anything except molasses 2 weeks ago
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

AGREED! Of course I am a super-soil convert....nothing but water, no flush, no mixing nutes and fully organic...

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Water and molasses, is all you need, if you want a trouble free grow.
          Super easy.
          You can get all caught up in making your soil,by wanting to add a little of this an a little of that, it's best to just keep it simple, from the start. Like lime, fishsh-t,
          Just make sure your soil is between 6.0-7.0 before you plant, and you'll be good to go.
          HappyGrowing

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey D.A.A.S.69. How frequently are you using molasses in your watering schedule?
          Last edited by Farmall; 10-17-2019, 09:47 PM.

Add another believer to the mix! KindSoil user, here...
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Hi johnb1963,
          I recently harvested my first grow...3.5 ounces, 2 plants 3-gallon cloth pots, in a 2x2.5x6'7'' tent. My grow light is a HLG V2 4k used for veg and flower. I used the same soil mix as you are but I didn't add anything at all until molasses after the flower started. The reason I didn't add nutes along the way is because of the soil. I was told it should have enough nutrients in it for about the first six weeks or so of the plant's life. That coincided with the veg time that I thought would be about right, and the veg time was a complete guess on my part as I didn't know how fast the plants might grow and outgrow the space. It worked for me...good luck with your grow and post some pics!
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

thanks guys, i appreciate your responses. Hey golfnrl, i have a similar set up, a 3x3 tent and 3 gal fabric pots. what type of seeds did you use? 3.5 oz for two plants seems a little low yield. how tall did they get? any photos? anyways, I'm hoping to get around 3oz per plant. i'll let you know how it goes. planting at the end of the month.

Comment

nice job golfnrl, did you have any issues with buds or mould, along the way? when are you going to start your next grow? i've read alot of articles about bending / super cropping, so that all your buds end up on the same plane/canopy, which would increase the yield. i'm going to try taht, all keep you you update. going to start to germinate my seeds next weekend.

Comment

• golfnrl
              golfnrl commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi johnb1963. I didn't have any issues with mold. I am about a month into the next grow. I'm growing in soil again and have three plants. I have been reading about LST and will probably try it sometime, but not this grow. I'm seriously considering a sea of green for the next one. I made some ointment out of part of the trim. It turned out really well. I have a little bit of that trim left over and am storing it for later. Yeah, keep us posted on your grow...I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

golfnrl only a suggestion but consider topping and tying down some branches (lst).... you will have a significant difference in your harvestable yield... try to keep the canopy looking like it was the base for a table top....flat and spread out.

Comment

agree farmall, for a new grower i would suggest LST..quite simple and can really produce more and bigger buds. Thats all i did for my first grow..and im doing exactly the same for my second round of clones from the same plant..But im running lights(LED Viperspectra 600w x 2) quite a bit closer this time around. see if there's any difference with yield. I will eventually try topping,super cropping for my next grow of photos
              Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
              Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
              6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
              Canna Coco/perlite
              General Hydroponics Flora Series
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X