Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow Potential pest issue

Hello,

This is my first grow which I started just near the end of last winter as I was hoping to harvest in October. However, due to not having a great summer I kept my plant inside more as a house plant until Oct 5,2019 when I decided to get a tent for it. When it was with the other plants in the front window it did have a little pest issue with little flies however, my mother got ride of them. The leaves of my plant have what I thought where crystals forming but I'm thinking it could be pests from what I found online however, I cannot find any pest I have looked under the fan leaves and all over the plant. So I'm just looking for some guidance I started the 12 on 12 off cycle on october the 5th as well however, my light bulb was defective and I grow in a seperate location to where I live so it was without light for 2 -3 days which has done it some good in my opinion. I'm thinking that perhaps these are just left over from the pest issue prior as for the most part the plant seems healthy. Before it never had nutrients just soil and was water but since I got the tent I have started giving it flowering nutrients as well as adjusting the PH of the water.

Take a reeeeeel good look at the bottoms of the leaves. Magnifying glass at least. A loupe is better. Check out...
    If you see tiny, wormy little bugs, dark winged insects or bronzed discoloration on the leaves, you may have thrips. Learn how to get rid of them!
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

yup..you got bugs. Thrips.. Luvchunx, have a look at YYcannibis last couple of posts on the forum. YY has video of them on plants(worth a look)....Very hard to see without using magnifying glass or microscope. I had thrips for my first grow also..check out link Gingerbeard posted and it'll give you some ideas for attack!. hg
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Alrighty thank you both, I'll check the link out

Comment

Should I just purchase that Natria insecticidal soap and spray everywhere and then a follow up spray the day after the initial spray?

Comment

• Gluteous
            Gluteous commented
            Editing a comment
            I've had success with Neem oil on thrips. Spray under all the leaves every 3 days. You need magnification to see them so get a 30-40x loupe. You're gonna need it come late flower anyway.

I used Safers 3 in 1 garden spray for first grow... Will be trying out Lost Coast Plant Therapy for next grows. im a little picky about what i spray on my plants though.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Luvchunx
            Luvchunx commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried Ortho Bug B Gon Eco insecticidal soap, will see how it goes. Another question do I really need a ventilation system for my 2x2 with the one plant? I have the mesh uncovered on one side providing decent air flow with the fan going seems to be doing fine.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X