Advice... Seedlings First Transplant Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice... Seedlings First Transplant Help

Hellos, glad we are back online... my first crop turned out amazing and while I intended to use clones for my second crop, I was unable to locate a good connect.

That said I ended up going with Seed, got 4 Mandarin Haze and 4 Gipsy Haze. All eight have popped and are on their second set of leaves. Which leads me to my question:

When should I transplant from my original small pop pods into first size larger container? I was thinking when the third set of leaves are solidly out, or is that too late?

I currently have these seedlings under 4 - Sun Blaze T5 HO 24 - 2ft 4 Lamp, 120 Volt ... and assumed (from what I've read) its too early to put them under my Metal Halide bulb yet.

Comment

just lift one up and check underneath, when you see roots poking out then its ready to transplant

Comment

9fingerleafs is right. When you do put em under your big lights, have the lights waaay up to start with and ease down each day.
        Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I see at least one little root popping out, but I have 8 seedlings and want to do them all at once. Ill keep an eye on them, thanks.

Comment

I have never used pod sized planters, but I usually transplant when the leaves are close to reaching the edge of the container that I am starting off with.

Comment

So I realized tonight while transplanting, I waited a little too long. The roots had started to come out the bottom and sides a little too much. But its my first 'seedling' crop, so lesson learned, and thankfully (so far) they are not too hurt; just a little discoloration in the leaves.

*edit - went with gallon size pots.. I'll probably go to my 5-gallons when they are ready for the bigger tent and metal halide.

Comment

Yep, just a bit hungry. I leave mine in the RR's until I get roots popping through and then transplant. They should bounce back just fine. Good luck with your grow.
                WHAT???
                5x5 grow space
                900w of Vero's and F-strips
                4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X