How close to harvest are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How close to harvest are they?

I know it's still a ways but I'm wondering for nutrient schedule if I need to repeat a week. They are DWC

They look good. Take a look at adding molasses toward the end of flowering.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately for hydro growers, anything organic like molasses is not suitable for a hydroponic reservoir! But molasses works great for soil and coco growers 🙂
      For the last 2-3 weeks before harvest, give 1 tsp of Blackstrap Molasses per gallon when watering (for soil or coco coir).... this is from the referenced GWE article...

Not for DWC

• moodfood
      moodfood commented
      Editing a comment
      Why add molasses? Is this for nutrient value? or does it alter the taste? I have some sugar cane syrup - that's the same thing, I believe. I may give it a try.

Question for @Gingerbread molasses at the end. What bonus do you get for this and how much per gallon. My plants still have maybe a week. Tricomes are still filling in and our still clear/cloudy on some. Curious on the molasses? I add to my soil in the 4 week but no more after.
    Thank you

Comment

Bigger, tastier buds come from molasses. Check this out...
      If you want sweet-smelling buds, the most important thing to do is choose a sweet-smelling strain. However, there are supplements and other tactics you can use to intensify that smell!
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

About a week.

Comment

Maybe 2. Thanks for the link. Gingerbread

Comment

You're welcome. Keep posting. Check this link out for a whole big bunch of information on when to trim.
            Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

My worry with molasses is how to not clog up my pumps and air stones.

Comment

I'm a soil guy so I can't answer to your DWC except it works. Some good Samaritan will get to clogged systems.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Here is an update one week later.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, good Samaritan.

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha! Samaritan...ok. Good?

I know you and anyone else here would do no differently.... but, woo hoo, I am good !! 😇. I just happened to know that one

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good Sumerian? Good Spartan? Good Cherubim?

In hydro i just do GH Flora Trio and flush the last few days. There are products that will do something similar for hydro, like Bud Candy or Botanicare Sweet line, but i have not tried those yet. Putting molasses in a hydro setup could be problematic but can be done, so ive read, but it seems to be tricky and most comments ive read have not been favorable towards it. So ill try it in my coco plants but not in hydro until i can have enough room to "sacrifice" a plant for science. But as of now all my buds are too precious to gamble with!

Comment

About 4 weeks to go. In coco. FF trio. Also have 4 in DWC
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Tersky
                      Tersky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn those are going to be some monsters! What light you got?

Thats a 2x4 tent. There are 2 white 1000w ONEO and 1 1000w blurple LED. I think they draw about 600w total. One of them is the plant I had the spots on. I seem to keep them right on the edge of having light burn. The photo perspective makes it look like the colas are bigger than the water bottle but they're not. But they are pretty big. I'll post some more photos in a bit.

Comment

• Tersky
                      Tersky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Still looks great man! Mine are nowhere near as big and about as old but they are under a 250w so i wasnt expecting them to be huge. I also have a 2x4x5 tent for my 250w and have been thinking of changing out the light in it but havent decided what kind of light i want or whether to turn that tent into a veg/clone tent and use my 3x3x6 as a late veg and flowering tent...decisions decisions....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191017_091718_resized.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	342853 I put the bottle right in with the plants for scale. They are getting big. Every time I sit and look at them it just amazes me. I'll post pics of the others in a bit. A month to go.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                      D.A.A.S.69 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man, those are nice, i bet they smell good.

That's what my neighbors are telling me. Lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X