Harvest ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest ??

I'm so glad we are back online. I need to ask. My girl looks ready. And it's getting chilly at night. We will get some sunshine finally this week but only in the low 60's. And in the 40's at night..I'm afraid we might get a surprise frost..my question is....Will my plant get any more mature now with the very cool to cold weather or should I just harvest.?????. Thank you.
    Last edited by GardenLady; 10-06-2019, 08:26 PM.

As long as you dont get a freeze and you have no worries about bud rot they will be fine and continue to mature.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Let it go till it is mature. Are you planted in the ground or in a pot? If in the ground you can always cover it to protect it from a light frost, or if in a pot move it into a garage or what have you.

Comment

Thank you both .Shes in the ground. I just don't want it to be too cold during the day. But would like to give her a couple days of sun before I harvest.

Comment

we had 2 plants in the woods that had very lite and airy buds so lite we decided to carry them out of the woods and stick in my GH.2 days after we brought them home they were as big as everything else .they are not the biggest buds weve grown but we didn't lose half out crop .I'm planing on growing these 2 until ready to see how much bigger the buds can get so I would let them go as long as they can big trash bags work great to cover them
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you Garden Lady. Our temps are not that much different. I have 3 left in 10gal containers, one is within a wk. Two have a month to go, one of those maybe more? I'm leaving them go till they are ready for what I believe to be the effect we want. I have that small greenhouse and plenty of porches with cover so that's what i'm doing leaving them till I get at least 30%amber. Keep close eye on bud rot i'm pinching/plucking it out if I see it. I'm trying to get 4hrs of sun so I've moved them. No worries about freeze like the rest have said cover it make a tipee.

Comment

Thanks for the tip OJH. I never thought of big trash bags..duhhh..😀
              and Budgal my girl is in ground. Can't move her anywhere sigh..next year big fabric pots. Anyway I'm new at this but been reading alot and mostly on this forum...and GWE..that I can get a more laid back result if I can get more yellow to Amber trichs. Especially for this Amnesia Haze that I'm growing...she's the only one that was a female. I'm growing this for others..the one I chose for myself was reg seed so I had males..next year feminized seeds..
              Anyway I hope it's not too cold for her to develop Amber trichs. 😀

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                No they love it cooler towards harvest. I'm going out as soon sun is up 0715 or so here to check a bud. Snip and scope on my WW. She may not develop amber may just stay cloudy been that way for a week now??

And thanks for taking the time to answer my questions..😀😀😀😀

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome sis

Oh see .another tidbit I didn't know...that they like it cooler. Well that makes me feel better about the weather then. And looks like we will finally have some sun..I hope you are getting some too. 😀😀 And thank you. You made me feel right at home 😀😀😀

Comment

I'm sure this has already been said, but as long as it doesn't 'frost' on them, the cooler tempts are gonna be fine when you are close to the end/near harvest. My brother is up north Michigan and is holding out another week before he harvests. Also, if it does get too close to frost, just cover them over the night if you truly still need them to be in the ground longer.

Comment

Ok then. I will wait

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X