White Widow - Early Miss - Autoflowers - grow journal by Canuck147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Widow - Early Miss - Autoflowers - grow journal by Canuck147

Good day fellow growers. Here is my attempt at a grow journal.
    Short editorial - Nervous about doing it cuz I like to think I know what I'm doing. But every grow is different - with different problems. So I'll post all that is good and bad - and I'll be asking for your help along the way.

Seeds I am using are from Crop King Seeds - White Widow and Early Miss. Autoflowers

2 gallon fabric pots filled with Promix HP soil mixture.

I placed seeds into water 14 hours and transferred to a small plate with paper towels - placed plates on top of standup freezer.

Both seeds produced good solid taoroots within 48 hours. I then put them into their pots about half an inch into the soil - tap root pointing down. Both seedlings broke through the soil in under 48 hours. To me - the short time germinating and then breaking through the surface of the soil suggests that these plants are eager and ready to grow. I hope so.

I plan on topping these plants and then trying a little LST.

Depending on how fast they grow I'll top at the 5th or 6th node - cut off the first node growth - then begin pulling branches away from the center.

I'll try and post each day - but life gets busy for me and my wheelchair bound wife sometimes - as it does for all of us growers.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Still doesn't let me post pics from my camera.

First thing I did was run 10 gauge electrical wire through the pots - 3 in one - 2 in the other. This will give me some added tie downs if I need them later.

Pics are coming.
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191005_032208.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	339815
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        The only way I can remember which day they came up is my green flag - out of the soil September 28.

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        I rely on my grow journal and phone’s calendar to remember stuff like that. Otherwise I’d be just about useless, lol.

Watered with slight amount of nutes today - pH 5.8 - until runoff. Might seem excessive but I want the plants to know how big their home is so their roots can fill it. Then they will begin their vertical growth.
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Not familiar with Promix and their site is a tad overwhelming...link to what you (and others) are using? Oh, and I'm along for the ride. I'll be starting my first indoor grow in a few weeks and hope to learn as you go along.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't have a link - just buy it at local hydroponics store. Pro Mix HP with Mycorrhizae - the HP means high porosity which I imagine refers to percentage of perlite.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          First trick is the fabric pots - roots love em.

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          10-4 fabric pots🤓

Can’t wait to see your grow unfold, Canuck! Thanks for doing a journal. Subbed
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Thought the WW was a little droopy yesterday cuz she was thirsty - still looks like a hound dog today so I raised the light up a couple inches (for the benefit of the other 2 plants in the tent) and took out the wooden risers underneath - COB light is at 34 inches above.

Here they are today -pic taken with this tablet - poor quality I know - but the plants aren't doing much - well above the surface anyways. I'm sure they are filling their roots down and out enough to touch the fabric. So - depending on how robust their heritage is - we'll know when they are ready by when they start vertically growing.

They're not ready for any Foliar Essence yet - need more leaves. But when I do spray them - the Foliar Essence builds the trunk and branches more solid and thicker. We'll see.

Not letting me load pics - I've sent a pm to Sirius about this problem cuz it's happened before. He messaged me back this morning that he'll have a guy look into it.
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191006_054020.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	340090Click image for larger version

Name:	20191006_053938.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	340091
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
              RagWeedDWC commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a few WW auto beans, going to watch this close. Looking good!

Got a little closer to them. Just growing today - probably same tomorrow. Although the first node seems to be emerging - so raising the light was the right idea.
            Attached Files
            Mars Hydro
            Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Sitting out the back smoking made me realize that keeping this journal makes it easier for myself as well to see what I've done in the past - and on the specific date I did it. Used to put a strip of green tape on one side of my tent - putting the dates I used Foliar Essence. So by being diligent everyday - could payoff in the long run.
              Good growing to you all.
              Seahawks already won this week - barely - so I'll watch the Patrick Mahomes show tonite.
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
                RagWeedDWC commented
                Editing a comment
                Its perfect for exactly that, my daily written log entries has decreased drastically.

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeppers we like them Seahawks.

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got their asses kicked last week.

are you planning on transplanting into bigger grow bags? I believe you are limiting yourself with 2 gallon bags. Maybe 5s would be better. That's what I will be using on my next winter crop of Autos. I have 10 Green Crack seeds, and 10 Gorilla Glue seeds 2 of each strain I will be starting on December 21st.

I grew a White Widow auto last winter which turned out OK after a helluva setback. Got the seed from new420guy.
              Last edited by starramus; 10-06-2019, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• Canuck147
                Canuck147 commented
                Editing a comment
                No transplanting for me. I like the 2 gallon size - easier to move around. Besides - I've got a Sweet Tooth growing right now in a 1 gallon pot and she is at 38 inches.

10 days old today for both of them. Looked like EM was trying to stretch a bit last night - boosted them both up to 27 inches below the light.

Lousy pics I know - once they get interesting to look at I'll take pics with my cellphone and email them to myself. That worked in the past.

Pots still have lots of weight from last watering -
              Attached Files
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Well let me say Canuck147 that you have me hog tied. That may be just a southern saying. But last grow I tried 4 in 3 gallon pots and ended with maybe and I repeat maybe 60g a plant. My 10 gallon pots well they did far better and yea over 5 times better. From here on out 15 to 50 gallon pots (15 inside 50 outside.) I Guess what I'm saying is you beat me hands down. I succeed and give you the permanent win. Because I just cant do it.
                You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks spidermite

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I never use less than 4 or 5 gallon containers. This year's outdoor grow was a mix of 15 gallon bags, and 10 gallon bags. 15 gallons are a bit much to hump around, but the 10 gallons are almost as easy as the 5s. With the 100+ extreme temperatures I had to move the plants into and out of my car port.. I have a package of 5 gallon grow bags for this winter's auto grow. Canuck147 you are saving lots of dinero on that expensive soil.

• Canuck147
                  Canuck147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My dirt is cheap - $30.00 A bag and usually lasts the year.

Seems like they are going to grow up...……...
                Attached Files
                Mars Hydro
                Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I'm along for the ride ,I use 3 gallon fabric pots with a auto watering system and I feed 4 times a day ,just be sure to flush them a couple of times during the grow
                  new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
                  current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X