No announcement yet.

White Widow - Early Miss - Autoflowers - grow journal by Canuck147

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added a bowl of yeast/water/corn syrup - never really know if that helps. Tent vents 24/7 - and the plants only like Co2 when the light is on.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      In your 3x3 area, how much of a mix are you using to generate CO2?

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      2 cups of water - large tablespoon yeast - dollop of sugar

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the same thing for tropical fish yrs ago to increase co2. I used a Texas micky bottle with a hole in the lid. Filled half way with water, cup of sugar, and some yeast. Replaced 1/2 of the liquid every week with just sugar water since the existing culture was already established.

Only thing I hated was that fermenting beer-ish smell

I'll let the girls speak for themselves today.
    Attached Files
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

If this works out as well as it should for you Canuck i'm going to do a SOG after my photos are done and do autos before it's time for outdoor next season do maybe 6 in 2gal. fabric I only got 3gal now but i'd buy more 2gal in order to fit in a 4x4x7 tent. Good Luck and no worries you got this.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Budgal are you planing on feeding more than once a day ?I always thought bigger the root ball bigger the bud ,it would be interesting to see how big a root ball gets in a 10 gallon verses a 2 or 3 gallon bags

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I have decided, at least with Hydro, the roots will fill whatever you give them.

Not trying to do a SOG here SoOrbudgal - merely trying to exorcise my latest biggest pet peeve. Only had 2 major pet peeves my whole life - 1 look for work (hated that) 2 Car problems. Solved 1 by working for the Fed.Gov't for 30 years and solved 2 by buying a new Mazda 3 in 2005.

Pet peeve to solve this time is - mold/mildew/rot - anyway one spells it - I hate it! So...…...…...

Having the branches grow a bit laterally - then up - have them spread out from each other so as they grow they are not against one another. Then when the buds fill in they aren't rubbing elbows together and thus preventing and solving this latest pet peeve.
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i'm crossing my fingers for you that you fix the issue with those peeves. My tent's in a room upstairs, got a woodstove downstairs. I don't get to much heat in the tent room, those 2 vipers don't get over 80f but I've not had mold indoors yet on my indoor grows. I don't water but every 5days also, humidity is around 30%. They are just in veg. mode now. Heat may pickup when both modes are used. Yes I've got the spead going now, may of played abit much so backing off for me.

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        hey cannuck I hate those dam things to I sprayed the plants with milk because I kept seeing faint white spots turned out to be dried milk lol anyways I couldn't get rid of it ,I could get the humidity down under 50% by noon time , I did try that mix of 3 table spoons of cooking oil,2 table spoons dish soap and 2 teaspoons of baking soda ,and it worked real good ,its a whole lot cheaper than commercial products

Thanks OJH - gonna write that recipe down - hope I don't have to use it anytime soon.

These 2 plants are growing very well - lots of new growth on both. EM got topped 2 days ago and really hasn't missed a beat.

WW - 13 mm
      EM - 18 mm
      Attached Files
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know about useing metric system ,I would have to get rid of half my tools lol True story I was in a Kmart and was walking by the tool isle and saw 2 different prices for a adjustable wrench so I had to look for 5.99 you could bye a sae adjustable wrench and for 6.99 you could bye the same wrench and call it metric

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        I was upset when Canada went metric and even today almost 50 years later we still use standard measurements. Many of our tape measures for instance are in both standard inches and metric centimeters/millimeters.. talk about mixed up...lol

• RagWeedDWC
        RagWeedDWC commented
        Editing a comment
        Nothing like having a rolling box full of 13mm and 1/2.....

50 yrs ago we lived about 5 miles from the Canadian border and it was always different when we would swing the antenna rotor north and get some crazy surprises on cost and temperature. As an insomniac back then, you would watch the tv test pattern after station sign off.. WTF , there were only 3 channels between both countries and two of them used those funny numbers! When they said centigrade. I though it was one of those bugs with all the legs

one thing for sure -40 is still -40 and that was cold

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        True Dat

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        If it was in Maine we might have been neighbors

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        I was outside of Orono for a year but this was in Vermont and Wisconsin.. Vermont was colder for sure -52 one week

Watered my girls with Botinicare Tea Blend - I think they look great.
      Attached Files
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Canuck147 they look so strong, and I'm taking a close look at your training. I'm setting up a different training method for my next grow and scouting for ideas. May I ask, why are you not training the central cola?
        Last edited by alltatup; 10-27-2019, 09:59 AM.

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        The center COLA appears topped as well. So, just what is he up to?

They do look great

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Thanks for your comments.
        WW looks a bit droopy still - oh well, maybe she'll perk up one day.
        Foliar Essence spray this morning - did it in the shower.
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe WW didn't like her shower this a.m. ? There's frost this morning at our place first time I've seen it.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was going to say - it's hard to see but the WW is up to 11 fingers on the top leaves.

Wow Canuck147 she may get top heavy is that bad?

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          With scissors in hand - that would never happen.

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          But you're cool hand luke with the scissors. Some forum members are into sado masochistic amputation. However you could argue not handicapped, but handicapable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9Q_s2onCk

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not into that - won't bother with the video.

alltatup OlderNOTwiser WW did not get topped as per some of Nebula's instructions - always good to re-read what you think you read thrice already - she mentions that if your plant isn't growing vigorously by 12 days then is not a good candidate for topping. She is growing shorter - don't think I've stunted her with my leaf cutting and training she's just slow.

I did top EM as these quick pics outside are easier to see - kinda cool out there - never too cold or too much snow on the ground to smoke tho'.

As to what I'm doing is letting these girls grow up and not flat. Just trying to let the lower branches grow out before up. Hopefully they will fill in and accommodate my wishes.

My experience has shown me in the past that they grow and look beautiful - but then the buds swell and all of a sudden they are growing into each other. And we know what ensues after too much touching - the dreaded but rot or mold. So I'm trying to prevent that.

Case in point - I grew this Candy Kush this past summer and after I finally noticed she stopped growing vertically - 17 inches tops - then she was filling in and I'm kicking myself why I didn't try and pull the branches away from each other sooner. Sometimes one sacrifices branches for the good of the plant.
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Girls are growing very well.
          EM 20 mm
          WW 14 mm
          30 days up today.
          Attached Files
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            wow nice plants for 30 days

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Thriving bushes for sure.

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Really Nice Plants!

Missed yesterday - watered with nutes today - lots and lots of new growth - have to leave my scissors in the cupboard or I'll be tempted to use them.
          EM - 23 mm
          WW - 14 mm
          Attached Files
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            I know what you mean I'm a defoliator lol I think i'm going to try and not trim anything but training branches until third week of bloom , I usually take a ton off in veg so I can see clearly and just cause I like to but I think it slowed the girls down

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I totally am sitting on my hands mine are almost ready to flip and anymore trimming they'll be too bushy. Is that possible? LOL

Better pics
          Attached Files
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Great plants, like the color and the spread.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Ha... didn’t need better pics, the other ones are terrific and the last photo look like a globe ++

So.....If you look at yesterday's pics at some of the bigger darker leaves and zoom in one can see white discoloration - beginnings of WPM - so they needed to lose a few leaves anyways and I plan on spraying them tomorrow.
          And oh yeah - $35 on Amazon - Vivosun 6 inch oscillating fan - I bought 3 of them.
          Girls are dancing it up now.
          Attached Files
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            @Canuck hey brother if this storm is headed your way button up the hatches its been blowin for 2 plus ,the wind has had heavy gusts ,in a few minutes when it gets light Im going to see if stuff is still standing lol

• duckman
            duckman commented
            Editing a comment
            good luck with those fans, mine lasted about a month...

• Canuck147
            Canuck147 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got it on a timer - 15 minutes on 15 off

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X