Quadlining question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quadlining question

When quadlining a plant, do you top secondary growth on the main branches like you would when manifolding? Or do you only top it the one time? Thanks!
    Doubledealing72
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

I'd have to find his posts. My plant was weird so I did a 'triline' and had 12 main branches (4 on each arm) so I topped at the 2nd note. Worked like a charm. Photos attached (from a few weeks ago).
    Last edited by WizardsNThings; 09-23-2019, 07:56 PM.
    2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
    6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
    Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
    260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

Hey s62! Normally on the bottom branches I will take off the node that is growing closest to the trunk. If you let them grow, I feel like it becomes too bushy.

But you can take as few or as many nodes off as you like. Another guy that quadlined will take the node off that grows underneath on the bottom branches. I'll snag a pic to show you what I mean on this last one lol.
      Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Originally posted by mcubed476 View Post
        Hey s62! Normally on the bottom branches I will take off the node that is growing closest to the trunk. If you let them grow, I feel like it becomes too bushy.

But you can take as few or as many nodes off as you like. Another guy that quadlined will take the node off that grows underneath on the bottom branches. I'll snag a pic to show you what I mean on this last one lol.
        Guess I was wrong! Fixed my post. So yours will have 8 main arms?
        2 x 4 x 5 grow tent
        6" inline fan w/ carbon filter (passive air intake)
        Two 6 fans in tent for airflow
        260w Niemi LED w/ LM301H

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think you were wrong, your plant looks great! I end up having 4 main branches, which are nodes 2 and 3. I only cut off the some of the stuff closest to the middle of the plant, much like how yours looks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190923_214828011-1382x1843.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	339348

s62 - this is the underneath branch I was talking about. It's kind of hard to tell, but off of the main branch you can see a branch that looks like it's underneath the main branch. Its the branch in between the 2 wire stakes on the right. It's counterpart looks like it's sitting on top of the main branch.

The other guy that does this takes off the underneath branch, but you can leave it where it is or you can twist the main branch so that these 2 branches end up on the sides of the main, rather than on bottom and on top.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions!
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

Here’s where I’m at so far... does it look right? I haven’t removed node closest to the trunk yet, but I will.
          Gorilla 3x3
          LEC 315
          Kind Soil
          Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            You're off to a great start! I have found that it's better to have the branches not go completely horizontal. Making them look more like halfway in between a T and a Y will prevent less branches snapping off. So maybe have the branches at a 25 or 30 degree angle. That being said, if your branches haven't snapped (as it appears they haven't), I would leave them where they are.

Onto your question about the node closest to the main branch. Your plant is still to young to have a nice closest to the main. It appears each of your nodes only have one branch starting right now. I will post a link of a guy who mainlines his autos to show you what I mean. It's where I got the idea from, and I think it will clear things up for ya.

So, I couldn't find the exact video, but this one will give you the idea.

Right at 2:00 minutes, the branches that he is staking down are ones that I would take off. They are far closer to the main stem than the other nodes.

So you still have at least a week or so before you will see those nodes. I'm on here almost everyday, so just be sure to tag me when you think you are at that point and I will get to it shortly 😃

Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            I watched the video and think I understand what you’re saying. I’ll be on the lookout for the growth you’re talking about. Thank you!!!

• Doubledealing72
            Editing a comment
            s62, how's that plant coming along?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X