Washing buds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing buds

Do I really need to rinse or wash buds after trimming? I'm afraid I'll lose those trichomes!

Thats a personal preference. I know a youtube grower called pigeons420 who swears by it. Claims its just like a fruit that you would want to wash it before eating. Helps to rinse of dirt and such. He also says that you will lose a few trichomes. Ive tried it myself once and it wasnt the best weed in the first place but still worked good. Helps with buds not being so harsh because your not smoking dirt and dust. Was a big pain in the ass as well lol.

One thing to remember is buds get soaking wet in nature so how much harm can water do rinsing it off before smoking? Unless they get super dirty for some reason or other i wouldnt worry about rinsing.
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Ed Rosenthal has a section in his new book on Beyond Buds: Next Generation on making his “ fast track tincture”. He soaks the weed in water then strains it and rolls it up into a ball in a towel and squeezes out the water before adding in the alcohol with little concern for losing trichomes. Sounds aggressive but he is Ed Rosenthal...Guru of Ganja

Comment

I have only washed some of my outdoor flower. Cold bucket of water, dunk the colas into the bucket to loosen any bird crap and dust-that's as good as it's going to get on outdoor bud...organic bird crap and bug guts. Kinda why I prefer indoor weed.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Tricromes are not water soluble and shouldn't wash away. Make sure not to use cold water especially with ice and definitely don't pour that mix into Bubble Bags and make hash.
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X