First time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower

First time grower I was out of town so I couldn’t do the 12/12 so they ended up getting 16 hours of light and 7 hours of dark. What should I be looking for if there in trouble?? One is pretty droopy. And I just bought the nutrients I’m seeing the leaves turning colors is it to much or just the flowering process. The last picture is what the leaves started doing after only 8 hours of night.

Those look like autos, if so you should be giving them at least 18 hours of light, so you should be fine. I would fix the lighting, careful with the watering and see how they look.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

What strain / auto or photo period type are they? (I agree with Rag that they look like autos if you have said they are 8 hrs of darkness.

Be cautious with nutrients.
      If you planted them in soil with any nutrient level in them (Which it looks like), its best to wait for them to show signs of issues before you start adding nutrients to the pH'ed water.
      I would use just pH'ed water until signs begin to show.
      Ensure you follow the feed schedual and adjust the amount your feeding. I will generally start with 1/8th dose of "recommended" as not to burn my plants. I slowly increase this as the plant gets older, but generally don't go over 1/2-3/4 strength. Make sure when you begind feeding them, water - water - nutes. This will prevent issues such as over feeding and will "mostly" prevent salt buildup which is in the nutes!

Let the pots dry out quite a bit before watering them, as they get older you can let them dry out until the container is light.

If auto's you will want to feed a mix of flower and veg nutes as well, just to add to the complications (Flower - start small work up, Veg start high work down)

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

I have no idea wat kind they are. There were seeds they missed from the street. I had 3 males I tossed ☹️ I’ve been growing them for about 13 weeks. 5 weeks in the flowering stage. I’ve been doing 12/12. My son is a grower but he’s been ghost for several weeks now🤦🏼‍♀️ All the help is appreciated. Thanks so much. Tell me more about the feeding schedule. There on none. I just mix it n the gallon jug and water as needed 🤷🏼‍♀️

Comment

What nutrients did you purchase? I can go off their feed chart.

Can you take some photos of the whole plant? Just so I can have an idea of how big they are?

As for type, it may be hard to tell at this point

Also, what type of light are you using if you don't mind me asking

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Those are the nutrients I’m using except for the flowering one I added the big bud instead. That’s my grow closet I’m waiting for that new light to come in. Do they seem small in size?? All the videos I’ve seen there soooo much taller. Thx for all ur help this is so kind of u😁

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Well Mom330 i'm gonna give you my thoughts since ya asked about size of plant for being 13wks old looks like and auto flower yes it's been stressed/stunted. The nutes you have are good i've used them in past grows The lights you have are weak because there are not enough watts in my opinion. Containers are too small for a mature healthy plant. Sorry about giving you the news you don't want to hear and I totally get it about cost of starting a grow tent. But if you really are into growing and learning about how to sometime in the future you may need to invest some $$$$ in the grow space. Good luck and I hope you get some more advice from others on here but this is how we all learn buy trial and error. Peace

So if there stressed what’ll happen to them😩. I need bigger pots too.

Comment

What SoOrbudgal has said holds validity.

Lights are key to successful grows. You may need to invest down the road, but what I will focus on is getting max yield for what you do have.

I have gotten a feed chart. Each column is a new week. (Last column is totals)

These are for your nutrients. (General Hydroponic - basing it on all their products) -- With soil, I assume you are drain to waste (Your not reusing your water) Remember to get at least 20-25% run off through the bottom of the planters. This is also all based on 1 Gallon of water. (If you don't have a pH meter, I recommend getting something you can monitor your pH)

Vegetative:
              FloraMicro 4.03ml 4.94ml 4.94ml 4.94ml 18.85ml
              FloraGro 4.94ml 4.94ml 4.94ml 4.94ml 19.76ml
              FloraBloom 1.03ml 2.66ml 2.66ml 2.66ml 9.01ml
              Rapid Start 2.66ml 2.66ml 2.66ml 2.66ml 10.64ml
              Floralicious Plus 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 4.12ml
              PH 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5
              Flower:
              FloraMicro 4.03ml 4.03ml 4.03ml 4.03ml 4.03ml 4.03ml 4.03ml 2.66ml F
              L
              U
              S
              H
              30.87ml
              FloraGro 4.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 0ml 0ml 0ml 8.15ml
              FloraBloom 4.03ml 4.94ml 4.94ml 6ml 6ml 8.02ml 8.02ml 8.02ml 49.97ml
              Rapid Start 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 0ml 0ml 6.18ml
              Liquid KoolBloom 0ml 1.03ml 2.01ml 2.01ml 2.01ml 2.66ml 2.66ml 0ml 12.38ml
              Floralicious Plus 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 1.03ml 8.24ml
              PH 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5 5.5-6.5

I am going to do this under the assumption they are in fact autos.

Autoflowers will begin to grow flowers as soon as they can regardless of light cycle. They will continue to grow in vegetative at the same time.

You say 13 weeks total (I assume seedling/germ time lasted 2-3 weeks, so safe side we will say 3 weeks seedlings.)

So they would be approx 10 weeks old in Veg/Bloom.

The nutrient line does not separate photo/autos, they provide all a single feed chart.

The first time they start to show any discoloration on leaves, I recommend starting to feed them with nutrients then.

I would then jump to week 2-3 in Bloom nutrients. It will take time for the nutrients in the soil to get used up, by that point assuming they are auto's most of their life cycle will be complete with a bit of time for the final bit of bud development.

I recommend buying a syringe if at all possible to measure nutrients.

Get your 1Gal Bucket (or convert to L) -- Let it sit overnight to evaporate chlorine.

-add 4.03ml of FloraMicro (Drop down to 1/2 dosage when using charts, if you see discoloration, add the full amounts, so long as it isn't nutrient burn!)
              -Stir
              -add 1.03ml Floragro (1/2 Dose)
              -Stir
              -add 4.94ml Florabloom (1/2 Dose)
              -stir again

-Take pH reading and adjust accordingly to land between 5.5-6.5 (I use 5.8-6.3 myself)

-Feed your plants like normal, ensure at least 20% run off to wash out unwanted salts and old nutrients.

-Wait for soil to dry (When lifted, very little weight, or up to first knuckle is dry)

-Water with plain pHed water (Their chart says after 3 feedings, but I would alternate at least between feedings. Perhaps someone that uses this nutrient line can verify this?)

After that week is done, just work up the next week in the chart!

Hopefully this helps.

As for lights, go to home depot, and see if you can get some bulb splitters . Either get a power bar or a few outlets and get more light in there. With only two bulbs + very small led, you probably wont have much yield when it comes to after the cure. They will be very airy buds. Better yet, if you can afford it invest in at least a 150W set up (Draw from the wall).

A few recommendations for lights that are cheap and work better than bulbs: (Via:Google)

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-...9183900&sr=8-5 (Actual Power Draw: 130W±3% at 120V)
              https://indoorgrowingcanada.com/coll...-150w-hps-120v (I use one of these for smaller plants, good results thus far)
              https://www.amazon.ca/VIVOSUN-Hydrop...10786231&psc=1 (400W light)

Keep in mind, you will always want a larger light. So this would be something you will probably want to reinvest in. HPS will produce more heat and will develop more bud vs an LED, however LEDs have less maintenance cost and save more in power consumption. So there is definitely a balance to be had.

I did look on walmart's website, I have tried several of those listed, and they were all junk. Unless it's a High Pressure Sodium (HPS) or Ceramic Halide (CH) Don't bother with Wally world!

By no means am I trying to get you to buy any one light, just some examples of what to look for. If you have questions, I will gladly help you out (These are without looking at closet size as well keep in mind).

Hope this helps!

Goodluck!

Comment

A couple more questions. How long should I run the fan?? And since I need to buy bigger pots what do you suggest I use for soil?? Thanks for all your help.

Comment

The exhaust? 24/7. You always want air movement and fresh air.

it may be a little late to transplant now, if you do be very careful with the roots.

I use fox farm myself. Although I am debating to switch from them.
                  Last edited by Qwertywill; 09-22-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

i use a good mix of fox farm happy frog, and tropicoco from grow it and some top soil

Comment

Should I plant a couple together or individually. And you can buy those types of soils from Home Depot? Amazon?

Comment

• Skeeg
                        Skeeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I buy on Amazon and I go see what deal's I can grab at local grow supply companies 😁 some times they will meet or give better deal than online.

• Farmall
                        Farmall commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Don’t plant together in the same pot, if that’s what you meant.

This can be a controversial discussion but that is not to say one works best over another as you can create gemstones out of almost all of the grow techniques. Sin oh have the nutes, keep them but aim for a ph of 6.2. 7.0 as you are growing in soils. Pots are limiting being small. amazon has fabric grow bags about 3 gallons that may work well for you. They can be had in 6,7,10,15,and much higher volumes and they are inexpensive. Fox Farm soils are good mediums an I use Ocean Floor or Forest( don’t remember the exact name). A cheap pH pen is about $9 and once calibrated... they work pretty damn well and will be worth the knowledge for inputting nutes into you setup.

as you’ve already heard...Lights!.... these plants are light lovers and with a spectrum that aids the photosynthesis the best.. your burble light should make a difference but there are many out there and seem to be losing favor for the more full spectrum white leds. This is a days research in itself but not intimidating, simply tedious and can be costly but doesn’t need to be,

a quick rundown down for me these days after multiple Hydroponic and Soil gro combination, I now use super-soil and 5 gallon fabric pots. It is a amended blend with active microbial blends that feed the plant thru it entire cycle. It is truly organic, never requires flushing and the end of the gro cycle and is maintained every other day by just using 6.5pH plain water...no chemical nutrients. Read this a KINDsoil.com or Natures living Soil (Amazon)

Wheni start my germination nowadays, I use 4,5 and 6 cfl bulbs at 23w ( equal to 100w) and 6500k in color, their the bluish looking lights that look like a spiral bulb. They are suspended 2-3” over the plant for about 3 weeks and it keeps them full , squat, not tall and lanky and ready to move on to the led. I picked up 8 of them at Home Depot for $6.00 a pack o 4

as you can easily see, people here will jump at an opportunity to get you running right and using methods that have created significant success . Just keep asking questions and showing where you are no one will let you flounder. Use the site... it makes you great at this

Comment

• Skeeg
                        Skeeg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well put 😀

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Farmall you said it all ,ole bud, great advice!

🥰 thanks sooooo much Every one is so helpful. I can’t wait to look up here and see what knowledge I can learn.

Comment

• Qwertywill
                        Qwertywill commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Mom330 There is so much information available. Read through some of the main websites bank of knowledge, it will fill your mind with so many things! It is a great way to learn.

Take a read thru the Grow Weed Easy web pages on basic growing. When you see some of Nebula’s photos of ready to harvest plants, you will be truly enlightened and will find yourself in a seriously better position. My last plant harvested over 720grams of major buds. Over 1 1/2 pounds. The folks here, the site and Nebula and Sirius get the credit

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                        D.A.A.S.69 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Man ,that was a great haul. What plant was that ? If it was an auto, I want to try some of those.
                        Have a great week.

• Farmall
                        Farmall commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sour Diesel. Photoperiod

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X