Water curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water curing

I was just curious if anyone has tried water curing and if it works pretty well or not? I'm thinking about trying it out to skip the 2+ weeks of jar curing but I want to see how it worked for others. I have a few ladies coming down in the next couple weeks and I want to do it with at least part of one. I already have my drying rack and everything. Thanks for the input.

There’s at least one person here who water cures. I’d tag them, but I don’t remember who it was. Hopefully someone chimes in. From what I remember, though, you lose your terpenes when water curing. That immediately makes it not for me. I love my smell and taste too much.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

s62 you are correct, Iv water cured and it had no flavor to speak of afterwards.

dphipps1020
      it took about 10 days to stabilized the ppm's and another 3 days to dry. I didn't like the potency and flavor. Imo you can't beat a 2 month cure in a jar.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have sever allergies to smoking regular died and cured weed. I have been water curing most of my grows now days. The only reason is so I can get the benefits of my smoke and not have all my nasal passages blocked up and coughing and hacking while trying to smoke a bowl.
        Like the others have mentioned, it does remove everything that is not oil based on the buds, (oils are not water soluble).
        If your careful with this method of curing it is as potent as regular died and cured bud is, but if you move it too much or shake the curing bowl or water dripping directly on your buds, you will lose trics.
        So be very careful using this method, it can be a pain.

Like I said, I would only recommend using this method if your allergic to the terps, that's pretty much the ONLY reason I do it, and I don't do a whole harvest. You know, for friends and company.

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks for the input guys. I actually have a friend who tried it and he said the same thing, very bland. Was thinking about trying it but I love my smell and flavor way too much. Sounds to me like the extra 10 days give or take is worth it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X