bud rot! toss the whole thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bud rot! toss the whole thing?

Here in the PNW we have had very unseasonably wet cold conditions. I was gone for a week, someone was shaking the plants several times a day but I still just found small amounts of "bud rot". Of course I cut the affected colas off. I was thinking about 2 weeks to go for harvest date but am now thinking offing them all now or risk losing it all. Plants are Gelato OG and Bruce Banger which where heavily trained producing 11-13 leaders bearing dense colas and overall height of 6 feet plus. 7 plants total. And 5 diamed cbd 20 to 1. Over reaction on my part? Forecast is more of the same weather.

Better to harvest something rather than nothing.
    No your not overreacting - I live in the same area in BC Canada - been fighting WPM for over a month and harvested 2 autoflowers yesterday as the WPM would have taken the buds if I waited another day. One was ready the other - close enough I guess.
    Maybe a good long cure will bring out the best of your buds.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yep heading that direction today looking at 3 rainy days this stretch not good at all. Temps have dropped to 65 not cold but overnight it's going to drop and continue to rain. My heart goes out to us growers this season where i'm at, lookin moldy coming through the crop just gotta hope it doesn't get to much colder. My buds are only 6wks into flower i'm not happy.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• s62
        s62 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s such a bummer. Watch em close.

Any one knows of anything which can be applied to the pllant material which looks as though there is no rot but may have a spore or 2? Axed them all but the Alaska purple, a lot of work on front of me but as they hang I would like to do something proactively. Original plan was cut one at a time and wet trim. That's not happening. Maybe just getting away from the outdoors is enough.

Comment

I live up in the Northeast in MA I had an issue last year outdoor growing. My biggest contributor to bud rot was caterpillars. Every place where buds were effected I had a caterpillar issue. The would borrow I to buds causing them to get infected. There is no real natural way of killing bud rot. There is an organic chemical my buddy gave me but it didn’t work. I was cutting off the areas affected daily and any areas with caterpillar droppings showing they were there. I researched some chemical ones but I wouldn’t and you shouldn’t use on your cannabis plants. Cutting them away and immediately placing in a bucket with bleach is how I tried to manage. That harvest took forever because I inspected every single bud and even the slightest sign I tossed. During harvest though if you take 3 five gallon pails fill first with RO water and 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup baking powder/soda.(I forget) dip entire bud in(after a quick trim) then in a bucket with just RO water then in a final rinse bucket you will remove anything left or any residue of stuff you may have sprayed on plants plus any bugs from outdoors. The trichomes will not be damaged from this, they are oil based but bugs and stuff will get washed away.(don’t dip your buds it will promote mold) your plants are outdoors and get rained on dry them in environment you normally would.

Comment

I dont know how it works yet, but I picked up Trifecta Crop Control, it is a bit pricey, all natural,, google it!

Comment

we are all in the same boat as far as bud rot goes ,Trifecta says its good for BR ,I sprayed once so far ,the best way we have found to slow it down enough to reach harvest is to cut the stem below the rot ,if the buds above the rot dont have any rot trim them up and smoke them ,this doesn't stop it but it does slow it down .. along the lines of what Canuck said I try and finish them up by juggling what I can save and what I gain by leaving them out, if I can gain more by leaving it then I do if I'm going to loose more than I want Ill take the plant , so far I think ive lost about 1/4 ounce to BR ,ive gained and im guessing 4 times that because bud size and weight doubled , any buds that have any BR on them get trashed but theres still quite a few that are good and can be smoked
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I meant to say all the woods girls could be harvested if they need to be the trics are more cloudy than anything else, but we only found 2 or 3 spots out of all the plants, so we left them we cut back on watering them ,so we go out more often but with bud rot it only takes a day to really piss you off lol

Thanks for the input gang. As a retired nursery owner I have dealt with Botrytis many times trying to have stock retail ready for a February flower show. What we would use you folks would never consider and frankly its the only technique I know, hence reaching out to a group such as this. Biggest lesson learned was don't grow so many photos in my area. Done by August.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              Autos get BR to so thats not a great solution ,so how would a nursery deal with it you'd be surprised at the length some of us crazy fuckers will go to stop the rot lol

• DeepSpace
              DeepSpace commented
              Editing a comment
              Syngenta has a wide range of fungicides. Preventive I would use Daconil, for outbreak I would use Ortiva which is systemic. If I failed at that point I would rotate another in. But tou would never do that for this plant group.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              I can see why you wouldn't use that on weed ,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X