Quick grow before the snow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick grow before the snow...

So, im gonna try a fast grow in the garage ..as soon as my AK's are done in the tent(2 wks give or take). Cooler temps are on the way so i may be adding some heat toward the finish. I have 3 AK clones that were dormant for a good month- but have sprung back to life and quite vigorously since transplant. Started LST tonight, might be an odd bunch by the looks of things. Also started soaking two auto flower seeds as well, 1 canuk cheese and 1 northern lights x big bud. I'll try and get them to finish around the same time if all goes well. homegrown
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

I’m interested in how those clones pan out. Subbed!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Quick update. Girls are happy so far, The stunted AK clones have gotten past their cal/mag problem about three sets of leaves ago. Growing fast and a deep green color now. Couldnt do much with the older stem(just too tuff to bend) but all new growth is dealing with LST without a hitch. Started soaking two Auto seeds on 15th..soaked for 10 hrs, put in paper towel(cracked open in 12 hrs, went directly to soil))...and they are poking their head out on 18th!! That was fast! Oh Ya, one more addition to this fast grow. im using only Root Farm products which i can buy at a store that sells canadian tires....i think only us canucks might get this hint. lol i'll update again soon. homegrown
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Ok 7 Days later....I have run into a traffic jam... My big AK-47s have 2 more flushes to go....they are looking amazing so they get center stage right now..buds are really dense..hard when you pinch them! This in turn has caused me to carry the clones from basement to outside garage every day till i have to bring them back in to continue 24hr light cycle. shit..and to add to that..i have two seedlings(cheese and northern lights x BB) that are growing like a weed ha. I think once they get the tent to themselves their going to really take off. So, ive learned a couple of things in a week....your buds will be ready when THEIR ready, and maybe dont take on plants in 3 different growing stages. seedling,clone full flower..without planning ahead! lol hg some pics
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Hey! welcome to my nightmare!!.....15 days since last post. The stunted AK-clones seemed like they were co-operating, so i transplanted to their large pots..BUT...i incorperated some new growing mix as well. A Hydro mix(peat,perlite,organic,etc).(forgot to charge new medium). plants are showing HEAVY cal/mag deficiency, so i fed them yesterday with 3/4 nutes plus cal/mag. See how they react in next couple of days...meanwhile, the auto cheese and northern lights seedlings stopped growing after showing two leaves....wtf. So i took them out of small peat pots and put them in same new growing mix...watered them sparingly for a week and fed them two days ago..growing well again! Anyway, Hopefully i can straighten this cal/mag issue out this week. I'll do a flush next water and check pH out. have a few leaves that look like TMV but the plant i cut the clone from had similar markings. Weren't quiet this pronounced though. Fingers crossed... Im not gonna fight them very much longer..I told them tonight....keep it up and you can be replaced! And i got the same reaction i get from my wife...lol...silence....i dont think anyone is listening to me. hg
          Canna Coco/perlite
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

How odd. Maybe it is really in the genetics...
            Gorilla 3x3
            LEC 315
            Kind Soil
            Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Quick update. Checking the plants progress yesterday with cal/mag issues and found WPM(really?) Think i transfer'd it from last grows tie downs...thats the only thing i didnt think to sterilize or replace.! shit a brick! Sooooo, i got out the scissors this afternoon. these girls are now an experiment. trimmed off a lot, probably take more off today when i feed, cal/mag them. new growth on two plants seem nice and green but the oddball third plant is struggling. Im gonna see them to the end, its not a matter of yield any more, i just wanna see if they recover enough to produce some solid buds. On the other hand my two auto seedlings are doing fine..i may start giving them some bigger lights starting today. stay tuned.
              Canna Coco/perlite
              Cal/Mag.

Tent
              Bruce Banner
              Kushy Kush
              2Cookies and cream

Comment

Man, WPM sounds like a royal pain in the ass. You going to try milk or hydrogen peroxide?
                Gorilla 3x3
                LEC 315
                Kind Soil

Comment

Hey s62, For me, WPM, fungus gnats and thrips have been an issue for my first grow. The Gnats and thrips were pretty easy to bring under control but WPM just kept popping up I had major air flow and defoliated all thru veg and flower to keep it thinned out, tried to keep humidity around 50%. I tried Water/Milk for most of of my grow, but was re applying every 3 days or every feeding. Heard about Baking soda/canola oil/dish soap mix, so i switched to that closer toward harvest. Im not sure if its any better than the water milk mix...im almost thinking that it may have toasted the tips of the leaves a little.?? I would lessen the amount of baking soda if i ever try it again. Fro this grow..im gonna try this stuff. Its Nebula recommended!!! Lost Coast Plant Therapy. i'll update.
                  Canna Coco/perlite
                  Cal/Mag.

Tent
                  Bruce Banner
                  Kushy Kush
                  2Cookies and cream

Comment

haha...just smoked one..... i forgot to put up a pic...
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    Cal/Mag.

Tent
                    Bruce Banner
                    Kushy Kush
                    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Looks good! Let me know how it works out! Always looking for good products to have in reserve.
                      Gorilla 3x3
                      LEC 315
                      Kind Soil

Comment

After struggling thru a serious pH in-out imbalance, iv finally got them into a decent range. still a little more tweaking to do..but things are turning around. All except for Medusa...she sorta topped herself when she came out of dormancy..all i'v done is tie her down but she keeps stretching out..2 feet wide now-like a small coffee table.(might have to let her stretch upward soon) She still shows serious root issues, which i think are results of going dormant for a month. Her two sister clones are odd, but growing like crazy!! My babies are really happy, just LST for them(autos)..the northern lights x Big Bud is ThicK ...how soon can one defoliate? lol. some pics
                        Canna Coco/perlite
                        Cal/Mag.

Tent
                        Bruce Banner
                        Kushy Kush
                        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Running into major problems lately. Plants are doing splendid but temp fluctuations are causing havoc. My inside garage temps are hovering around 63 degrees while inside the tent its 73-78degrees. LOTS of condensation..humidity increase of 10% (60% RH now). Its like a sauna in there. I can reduce condensation by venting out of tent but inside temps drop to 69-70 degrees. Im wondering what a 10 degree temp fluctuation will do to the plants as well..anytime i need to do any maintenance and open the tent it drops 10 degrees. I think the girls really like the sauna atmosphere though! Another problem with condensation and really full plants... WPM!..sprayed lost coast plant therapy tonight.. I've been tucking leaves daily but think defoliation is coming soon. May have to move this setup into the basement sooner than i thought.
                          Canna Coco/perlite
                          Cal/Mag.

Tent
                          Bruce Banner
                          Kushy Kush
                          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
                            Mr.furley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Taking 25% of the leaf will cut down on transpiration which in turn will drop your humidity and place less of a demand for water from your plants, the more leaf the more water consumption. Temperature and humidity can be a trade off in the great world of indoor cannabis cultivation, 10 degrees is not ideal, 5 is best but it's not going to kill them. 60 to 70% humidity is not good.

Yes Mr.Furley, i thought about taking leaves off..but it would have to be a pretty heavy trimming. At this point im fighting a loosing battle..mother nature is gonna push this grow into the basement within a week or two. I need to have some electrical work done before that..That should be an interesting request!...i want five or six outlets right here. lol Just checked them again...im a worry wart!! Turned on a small heater in garage, intake vented opposite end of tent, turned one fan up towards canopy and the other across canopy, have exhaust duct running out but duct is half on half off..maintaining 77 degrees inside garage is 65. this is a pain in the arse And yes the temp fluctuation is concerning me..I have to water today so i'll probably have to climb into the tent and close it behind me...wait ten minutes until my glasses defog, undress for the sauna then get busy watering and pruning...should be interesting!
                          Canna Coco/perlite
                          Cal/Mag.

Tent
                          Bruce Banner
                          Kushy Kush
                          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
                            Mr.furley commented
                            Editing a comment
                            One can never know too many electricians, hookers, or bartenders!
                            Can you vent your garage to the outside? Do you have a fresh air in source?

• homegrown
                            homegrown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Lol..i can drive 5 minutes away and find the hookers and bartenders...gonna take two weeks for an electrician...wtf.
                            Since my adjustments last night, and leaving my tent closed up all day(only opened once to check RH), i managed to maintain 78 degrees with RH 50%(garage temp was 64degrees) I just cranked up a small space heater cause the night time temps are going down to 32F....

Situation under control!..for now. Added a little heat to the garage, which prevented rapid temp fluctuations which in turn stopped the condensation problems(duh). Tent is running a steady 76 degrees. 50%RH
                          The AK clones are in need of a pruning and Lst session tomorrow. Probably be the last as well, they are taking up 3/4's of the tent and after tomorrows LST there's nowhere left to go but up! Medusa, the freaky looking thing from start,is just about three feet wide!! and after tie down she will be another 6 inches wider. Thats the width of my tent lol. I'm waiting on my two autos to flip then i'll go 12/12. Their doing great..northern lights x BB is still a thick little bush while Cheese is cruising right along.
                          more big news..the tent is moving indoors..New 6" inline fan/filter combo and a new roll of white/black coming to refurbish the tent. shits getting serious now..hahaha
                          Canna Coco/perlite
                          Cal/Mag.

Tent
                          Bruce Banner
                          Kushy Kush
                          2Cookies and cream

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X