No announcement yet.

Quick grow before the snow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: SNAFU....Watered everybody today..all dry at the same time for some reason. Outside temp is hitting freezing tonight, garage temp is 67 with heater on, tent temp is 76. One of my autos have started to flower, the other isnt quite there yet. (whadda ya'll think?)..The 3 AK photos are ginormous. i need to flip them soon! Think i'll try moving the whole operation into the basement on the weekend if weather co-operates. Ah ya.....my new 6" fan/filter combo arrived.....This is a monster ffs. i think if i turn it on high and exhaust it, it'll implode my tent!! heavy too, 22 lbs so i wont be hanging it. i did opt for the oversize filter so its probably double the normal size. Anyway, with all the hurdles in the last month im fairly happy with second grow..have filled the tent with 5 plants compared to 7 last grow. lights are much lower this time around.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy fan and filter combo Batman! That is a big setup or a very small trash can. The plants look real good, nice training, good structure, Temps are good. Humidity good now?

Hahahaha Mr.furley..im still laughing...no..its really that big!! Older lady delivering for purolator had to make 4 trips to truck..fan/filter/roll of white/black,and accessories box. When i turned it on in the basement for a test run on high, my son texted me from his room next level instantly and said IS THAT THE FAN! lol. i said is the motor noisy? he said i dunno all i could hear was like a hurricane down there.!! lol. Wonder if i'll even need to vent this monster out of tent? The plants are doing great..the clones are still showing signs of cal mag issues..i think? only on very large, older fan leaves. i know that the older leaves that were showing signs dont recover so im hoping this is the case. Right around 6.3ph, 75-77 degrees, Rh 55%, rises after all plants get a watering of course but settles back down. I Do need heat in garage to even temp fluctuations out though.. keeps humidity in check.
    Canna Coco/perlite
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure hope you got a variable speed controller for your flux capacitor there or you may find yourself back in 1946.

Sorry I can help myself.

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      yup,box says its rated for 1.21 Gigawatts. should be great Scott.

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      All yoking aside homegrown I wanted to say that if you still have a humidity issue that third picture plant can be thinned down a bit to help.
      Everybodys Environment is different so if your plant are healthy and your not having a WPM issues take or leave what I say.
      Plants are looking good, are you getting a little more space with your move?

Humidity only seemed to be an issue when the garage was going from cold to warm(as soon as i turned a little heater on, all went back to normal)..im chomping at the bit to thin them out. all need it, but yes the northern lights is extremely thick. I have been holding off because its pretty chilly in the garage. once i take them out of tent thats a 10+ degree temp change. not good. As far as WPM i started using Lost Coast Plant Therapy and it seem to be working really well considering how thick it is in there. i used to spray every water with milk/water mix but this seems to last much longer.. And no im not getting any more space...i have to install a small rocket engine/flux capacitor into that jungle...keep the jokes coming lol
    Canna Coco/perlite
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Moving Day! Tent came inside today..cold and snow for end of week. Considering its a home made tent, and i MacGyver'ed it together with odds n ends. I only needed to smoke six joints and take two Tylenol to get her back together.! good times. And it BARELY fit. Once in the house i finally got a chance to really look over the plants..and they looked like i expected after two weeks of neglect. Did some defoliating and a good spray for wpm, check for any bugaboos, and in they went. Switched to 12/12 tonight!! They seem to be going thru water extremely fast...like every two days..maybe it'll settle now that their into a more stable climate. Got two clones that got kicked out of tent for 12/12. Not sure what to do with them.. got them under a small 45w led for now
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Hey thanks Mr.furley, i was wondering how you folks did that. The grow mix is apparently what the grow op's use around here.(ontario) Peat moss,shredded bark,perlite,vermiculite..(would this fall under Hydro?) My first attempt was in a soil/peat/perlite mix and other than some fungus gnats and thrips, it worked well. With this 2nd grow im having some issues..only with the clones though? the two autos seem really healthy. I keep taking Big fan leaves off the clones cause they look like this and then turn yellow..ph around 6-6.3 every water with Flora nova veg. even switched it up to root farm product with same basic minerals and fertilizer. Not sure what else to try at this point. since its only these three stunted clones...could it be root damage?
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        It can be or cold roots, ph swing missing something. Are you giving your plant any cal/magnesium and/or are you using city water?

yes to both, city water,usually 7pH or a tad under, i check every time, and my nutes include cal-5.5 and mag-2.2. i have also added increased amounts of cal/mag while trying to get the pH in-pH out in balance earlier during growth. New growth comes in really nice but way down in there the really big leaves start turning rusty almost. I have flipped to 12/12..wonder if their gonna go down hill from here? probably water today or next, i'll boost the cal/mag a bit and see what in/out pH is.. Hey another question? These clones went dormant early, and i know were exposed to 12/12 for a few weeks..what effect may that cause to them??
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        You misspelled "this grow is just much more gooder"
        General Hydroponics FloraKleen QT - Mineral Salt Clearing Solution https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001IA1P0A..._a8LWDbG0DBMVK

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahahaha...love your optimism.....any suggestions if i dont have the Mineral Salt Clearing Solution today?(i'll check the supply store today, very limited stock).
        The autos are elevated on racks(doing fine) I'll get the clones elevated today.

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        You can use water, water, and more water if need it well eventually dissolve the salt buildup.

Try to MacGyver something to lift your pots up a bit. Pic's for idea's.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190222_200952.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	347481

Name:	20190327_195949.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	347482

Name:	20190827_204124.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	347480

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Went next door to pilfer(borrow) some BBq racks....Gawd! there was enough burnt meat and crusty sauce on them i coulda just warmed them up for lunch! yuk. and to think of the amount of time iv drove past an old fridge,bbq, or wire rack shelving...wth?

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        Could be some cheaper options out there,
        Whitmor Storage Cubes - Stackable Interlocking Wire Shelves -Black (Set of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LRBSFI..._0G6WDb1FPQ8H8
        Wire closet shelving, milk crates,.......

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        In my small, 2-2-4 tent, I used one of the grills, or whatever you call them, out of my stove, to keep them off the floor, perfect fit for my small tent, lol

So, The girls got Furleys Funky Fast Flush today....holy sheet thats a lotta water.(and Mr.furley, my local grow shop had the clearing solution..30$ lol) Managed to bring them up to a respectable 6.0pH. The first one i ran 6.2 pH thru flush but had to use probably 8 gals, so for the final two i just ran water out of tap 6.9pH. Im just realizing that the three clones are MUCH bigger than original plant. Maybe closer lights? cooler grow this time around(as opposed to upper 80's for last grow)? i dont know. And considering the PH they were growing in they still look pretty good. Thanks again MF!
      Canna Coco/perlite
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Checked the plants today after flush..had to re arrange the tent as well. All look well, so i decided to give them their first trimming. super thick, cut off a bunch of sucker shoots. Have 10 nice clone cuttings...no idea what im gonna do with them lol. Auto cheese and Northern Lights x BB are really doing well, did very little defoil on them.
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful, she's gonna love that defoliating, they love that air moving thru them.
          Great job, beautiful, healthy looking ,very sturdy,an strong looking plant.
          HappyGrowing

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you D.A.A.S.69, i actually dove in in chopped some more off the scraggly looking one! Trying to create a better structure and shape for the stretch.

The electrician came today!! So i emptied the tent again, took the 4" fan/filter out, added two more circulation fans, and hooked up my new 6" gigantic fan/filter combo. HOLY NEGATIVE PRESSURE! Crap, now i have to empty the tent again tomorrow, and install some kind of supports half way down the tent so it doesnt collapse 10 inches on either side.(and thats with the fan running on low!). Also have to raise the lights...their really stretching right now and nearing 14" from the 600w LED's. Im running out of room really fast....this is fun. Plants are looking really healthy after their furley flush. back to a deep green color now. Thanks furley! probably slip them a little nutes next water but that'll be 3-4 days yet
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thank you Mr.furley, and they really do look Way better..i'll take some pic's out of tent today while im Re-MacGyvering stuff. I'm looking at Medusa and she is sorta growing like a vine...not a normal growth pattern i dont think...does it look alright?
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          That is a normal growth pattern, alternating nodes is a common trait in cannabis.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, looks like my clones from last grow. Normal!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you ice fish too? If you do have you ever caught a Smallmouth bass? They fight like hell, I bet that would be fun pulling one of those thru the hole,lol
          I live down South, it ain't never got cold enough down here to icefish, but I love watching them icefish on tv, looks like a bunch of fun, to me. Plus when it's cold down here, we hunt, but we have Bass fishing club tournaments down here every month of the year. They really bite good in the cold weather, after a day or two, of getting used to the weather.

Sure do D.A.A.S.69. Im surrounded by the Great Lakes, and we have some amazing bass fishing around here. They aren't in season through the winter so our main target is Yellow perch and Walleye.
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Did someone say Fishing?

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's funny @Mrfurley, Yeah I love to fish!! As you do too.
          The GreatLakes are awesome fishing spots, the BASS pros, love to fish tournaments up there, Smallmouth usually win the tournaments up there, usually takes 25lbs, to win a tournament ,5lb, average, is unreal, Lake Okeechobee,in Fla. doesn't take that much weight,
          The pros love LakeChamplain,
          We only have one lake in our state that has Smallmouth, it's PickwickLake on the Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi border.
          I've only caught 2 Smallmouth in my life, we got plenty of Largemouth and Spotted bass though. Our state record is 18lbs,6ozs.
          I've eaten YellowPerch and Walleye, they are fine eating, coming out of that cold water.
          HappyGrowing

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          if you folks ever cross the border at detroit , my boat always has room lol. and i have 2 quads to travel out onto the ice...funny enough..im in the market for a new ice shanty. wasnt planning on growing weed in it through the winter. oh well. Im 15 min from Lake St Clair which is a sportsman paradise! anything from panfish(suns,blugill,crappie,perch,smallies large mouth, walleye,Pike Musky, even sturgeon!) Now its duck n goose season.... alas i cant do that anymore..just too physically demanding putting out a spread of 250 decoys and waders and in-out of boat..ya im good.

Ta-DA! i MacGyvered some side supports in the tent tonight...might need to add a few more if they keep stretching..which i think their gonna do. they get fed tomorrow and i think all hell is gonna break loose once they get something to eat. They look luscious and green now, after furley flush. Autos are 54 days old..both have flowered earlier than suppliers estimates..cheese(8 wks) and Northern Light x BB (11-12wks).
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Some big healthy looking girls you got there.

• homegrown
          homegrown commented
          Editing a comment
          im thinking about de-branching medusa..there is lots of sucker stems that have bud sites and do reach the canopy, but are small and spindely. Sooo, i think i might chop off a bunch and just go with some really full healthy branches/buds. See if she produces different buds than the other 2 clones which i'll leave mostly intact.

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Man, oh man . . . those plants are the epitome of healthy and vibrant. Looking awesome, homegrown. I'd love to grow an auto out like that.

Watered the girls with some nutes 3 day ago....the stretch is on!! Almost 5"in 72 hrs. Have to re-mount lights today..see if i can get a few more inches above canopy. Did more trimming as well, thinned out smaller colas, probably chop out a few more as they progress.
        Canna Coco/perlite
        Cal/Mag.

Tent
        Bruce Banner
        Kushy Kush
        2Cookies and cream

Comment

MAXIMUM CAPACITY!! I had to release most of the LST ties because plants were stretching out as much as they were stretching up! I reconfigured lights so as to get another 3", but any more and i'll have to get really creative. The two autos are WAY ahead of schedule...? According to sellers specs cheese is flowering 2 weeks early and Northern Lights x BB is flowering 3 weeks early.? Both seem to be doing really well, stacking on buds like crazy. Saw some WPM so sprayed them tonight..
          Canna Coco/perlite
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            If they are Autos - they don't care about the breeders calendar

they (Autos) have 1 timeline (and its all their own ) - grow, flower, die

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X