Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooo slow

Hi guys
    whats going on. I plant my seeds about 3 weeks ago and looks like they are growing in slow motion. The temperature is good between 20 and 28 degres humidity is alright sometimes a bit dry i have a 600w hps in less than a square meter. They are still in very small pots. I definitely didn t overwater them. Anybody got a clue. I know they will eventually go at one point but its just a waste of time.
    i put few vegies seedling and they are going off beautifuuly
    cheers

what are you using for a medium
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Coco coir with perlite but the seeds started in peat pellet. Could it be the issue?

Comment

Did you charge the coco befor using? Meaning water with cal mag? I ham having a hell of a time on two of my plants and im not sure if it's the coco it's self, strain or i forgot to charge those pots before planting. My money is on forgetting to charge the coco on those two pots but not sure. Just spitballing.

Comment

No i haven t charge coco.

Comment

Originally posted by Flow View Post
            Coco coir with perlite but the seeds started in peat pellet. Could it be the issue?
            Photos can help you get answers. Are you feeding them? Unless it's a coco-based potting mix with other things mixed into it, there's probably no nutrients available to the plants. I saw a guy with seedlings that had stalled. They were like little content bonsai plants. He finally increased his feeding and they exploded with growth. (I would have thought they'd show deficiencies. But, they didn't.). But, you gotta be careful not to overfeed.

Did you use the "peat pellet" contained in a plastic net? (Like the Jiffy Pellet?). I found that the plastic net interferes with root growth. I soak those pellets, cut the plastic netting, and harvest the fine peat to use as a "seed bed." I crush some perlite to a sand consistency, and mix it with the fine peat from the pellets. I think that peat is too dense, slow-drying. I like add some fine perlite. Between 60/40 to 50/50 peat to perlite.). Then I scoop a tablepoon out of the seedling cup (which is filled with my potting mix). I replace that indendation with the fine peat/perlite material.

It could be possible the netting impeded the roots so much that it's rootbound inside the pellet. I think it ends up giving way to the roots as they pass through the holes and enlarge. It's hard to believe it would be rootbound and contained inside the net. But, I only used pellets once. Maybe I was lucky. (But, even still, I could tell something wasn't right. That net did something to my plants.).

How large is the container the plants are in? If it's oversized, sometimes they'll spend a lot of time growing underground. All you see is nothing happening above ground.

Comment

Yep this came through my mind too. Issue with the pellet. And havn t started to feed them yet. I will try to repot them today with a bit of cal mag and just a tiny bit of nitrient and see how they go. Even the first leaves on one of them are drying out and its definitely not to hot in there.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Flow you have to feed right from the beginning in coco.I mix a weak feed of grow and voodoo juice and I only give 3 or 4 table spoons per plant per day ,because I use so little water I can water everyday for a couple of weeks by this time they should be taking off

Hey so i repot them in bigger pot today and it looks like the roots were not stuck into the pellet they have nice roots system. I think they are just starving. One of them seems like she having nitrogen deficiency as the bottom leaves are yellow and drying out.
              i ll let you know how it goes. I gave them a bit of part A and B and a bit of camg+

Comment

Goodluck great tips from folks here.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey guys
                  thanks heap for the tips. They are recovering beautifully. Getting their nice green colour back and start to grow well again. Its been my problem for a while. Alwsys strughled with seedling as i though i always read no feed for the first few weeks.
                  anyway its looking good and put 2 more seeds to compare the grow speed with what i used to do.👍👍👍😁🤙🤙🤙

Comment

• s62
                    s62 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great! Glad you fixed your problem. I’ve always heard avoid nutes for first couple of weeks as well. Maybe not with coco?

Hi guys
                  they are definitely looking very healthy.
                  the other pics are too big to be uploaded.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X