The No No of nutrients but!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by az2000 View Post
    Here's my two plants (31 days old) yesterday, grown in Kellogg cactus mix, and currently being fed MiracleGro All-Purpose (24-8-16) & Pennington Alaska Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) to increase nitrogen to about 3.7-1-1.5 (NPK ratio).
    Just FYI. Here's the two plants today: 55 days old, 2 weeks + 5 days into 12/12. (I.e., I switched to 12/12 five days after that quoted post).

Click image for larger version

Name:	day55 - dolo#1 - 900x1200.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	252.4 KB
ID:	340083

Click image for larger version

Name:	day55 - dolo#2 - 1200x900.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	444.9 KB
ID:	340084

So far, I'm pretty happy with how it's flowering. Lots of bud sites. (I'm using 25w/sq ft household LED lightbulbs. A total 98 watts.).

The more I grow with cheap, ordinary fertilzer/soil, the more I think it doesn't matter. This seems as good as anything else I've done.

I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. But, I've grown a plant with MiracleGro Tomato before. It turned out fine. Right now I'm mixing 1.3g/gal Miracle Grow All Purpose with 0.6g/gal MiracleGro Tomato (to get an NPK Ratio 2-1-1.5). That sounds like high N compared to most schedules. But, the cactus potting mix seems N deficient. I'm walking it down carefully. (I struggled with N def in early veg. Overshot it a little. Nervous about overshooting the PK increase now.).

It will be interesting to see what they taste like. There's two plants in that photo. Both were mainlined once. (You can make out the four main colas. I've been LSTing them down.).

Comment

Awesome plants and photos!
      Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
      A tale of two seeds
      Batter Up Sour Deisel
      Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
      New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
      Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

speaking of nutrients, I had a funny experience growing organic stuff. I had some hydrangeas fertilizers left and used them as a primary basis for growing. It appeared that they do well with my stuff!!!

Comment

az2000 So, how did this finish out? It has been a long time since I pick up MG, I stopped using it (20 years ago) as it left a harshness to the final product (I know things can change), and we only used it in the spring.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X