Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First tent...how do you keep hanging weight even?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First tent...how do you keep hanging weight even?

I think I have my scrubber/fan mounted about as well as could be expected. My problem is the light. I have a 3x3x6 and it comes with three cross pieces for overhead. The light (LED) of course has 4 mounting spots and hangers to go to a central carabiner which makes it want to swivel. It also won't get high enough in the event I get a stretchy plant. So, two questions really...

1) Do I use the rig as provided or get 4 ratchets to utilize. I currently have enough but if that is correct it leads to...
    2) How do you keep those cross members sitting tight? They tend to slide where they want to be as opposed to where I want them to be.

I'm grabbing some zip-ties and I know there is a pattern to use to cross them over themselves to lock in for this type of application but I'm afraid that is a skill from a long distant past. Are there other methods? Tape? Metal screws?

Thanks in advance.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Hi OlderNOTWiser...I had kind of the same question. For my first grow I haven't used anything to keep the cross members from moving around. The weight of the light and fan seemed to take care of that for me. But your idea of using zip ties should work. Experiment a little with them and you should be fine. I'm running a HLG V2 LED 4k light. It has the same kind of hanging set up as you have described. When my girls started their flower stretch I removed the wire hangers from the light board and went with zip ties. I was able to get the light really close to the top of the tent and I like the stability of that set up. Good luck...let us know how it goes.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

On my tent, the crossbars don’t slide easily at all. Kinda the opposite problem. Plus they’re 8’ tall, so I have to jump to move them lol. They definitely don’t move of their own accord.
      Problem I've found with zip ties is that they like to slide along cylinders. Hard to zip them tight enough to stay put.
      Gorilla 3x3
      LEC 315
      Kind Soil
      Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Got it sorted, thanks! Had to get the light attachment worked out. Now one of three cross pieces slide but stay when I put a load on them.
        TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
        EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
        AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
        IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

I ran my ratchet string from the edge of the frame and over one of the crossbars and had the same issue. What I did was simply to zip tie the 2 cross bars together at a width that is the same as the corner mounts on the light fixture. Used multiple zips for strength, maybe 5 or so, along the length of the bars.
          My only challenge now is getting my circulation fan to be where I want it to
          There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
          1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
          2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
          3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X