Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best set up advice needed please.

Hi everyone,

So I've just finished 4 northern lights x 5 haze and must say outstanding smoke one you def need to try but want a little set up advice for my next one in a couple of weeks.

I'm currently using a 1.2m x1.2m x2m tent,600 watt light with 4x 16l ports. I've been leaving the plants as a christmas tree but wonder if I could get more from example,sea of green/2 plants bigger pots or just topping and using a good net.

Thing is the tent restricts what I can do so what do you guys think is the best way to benefit from tent restrictions??

If you grow in a limited space then plant training is the way to go. You will get WAY more at harvest. I recommend checking out this https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-training . I personally do a variation of mainlining. I just put a plant into flower that i mainlined and is less than a foot tall but also at least a foot and a half wide. the idea is with an untrained plant you get one main bud and lots of smaller buds. This is because the main or tallest bud gets most of the light while indoors because of the limitations of grow lights. By training you try to create an even canopy so all the buds get the same amount of light. The article explains it better but thats the gist of it. I would try several things and see what you feel more comfortable with. Some prefer to grow several small plants while others grow one large plant that can produce a pound! It really is all about how you use the space and the best way to maximize yield is to have an even canopy so no light is wasted. It takes practice and im sure not an expert at it but i have seen the results and now will not do it any other way.

Comment

hey Shearer4321, you should try LST for sure. My photos should be somewhere around 4 feet+ if left growing unchecked (mine are 12" tall but 2 feet wide!)I used it on all my plants and this is my first time growing indoors. Instead of having one main cola all my plants have 10-15 that are about the same size!! I will try topping and supercropping in the future..but LST is easy peasy lemon squeasy! homegrown
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys.
        I know I'm well restricted with my tent size but good to hear the best way to utilise it.

I keep seeing videos of professional set ups for medicinal cannabis and they have so much space between plants and always seem to leave as Christmas tree. Just makes me wonder if I should try just one In a huge pot as 4 in the pots i use is could be overkill in my tent. Especially when you use xxl yield plants.

Comment

For your size tent, 2 plants in 10 gallon (or larger) bags should do well.
          If you decide on SOG you will need a minimum of 9 plants in 3 gallon containers.
          either way you go, topping and training a flat even canopy will yield higher than the Christmas trees will due to greater light/air distribution.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X