Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it very bad to dry your buds with forced hot air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it very bad to dry your buds with forced hot air?

I haven't smoked since last year's harvest. So, I'm wondering as I begin to harvest my plants, can I apply forced hot air from a small space heater to speed up the drying of my buds, in order to smoke a little of my yield?
    AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
    Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
    Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
    4' x 4' grow tent
    6" inline exhaust system
    Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Let your buds dry and cure properly. If you really want to sample, throw a few nugs in the oven on a low temp. This will affect potency but it can tide you over if need be. Long live the college days.

Comment

I do try my bud normally by putting them over dehumedfir outlet air the hot one. It will take up to 3 days

Comment

I agree with RFheavy. You CAN fast dry them, but they probably wont taste as good and be as strong. the heat will degrade your tricomes and thc and might affect the terps but it still wont be cured and will taste like, well, grass. I would suggest only doing a few nugs if you are really wanting to try them so the rest of your harvest can be cured properly. I know that itch to try your harvest tho but it pays in the end to let them take their time to dry and cure. Even commercial grows allow for at least a week of drying before curing, and they are all about fast turnarounds. That's MY opinion on the matter at least. I can always tell when the green i smoked has not been cured properly, like my current smoke. I didnt grow it so it's not my fault but it tastes like crap lol.

Comment

Just cut up a couple buds like your going to roll a joint - let em dry out till they feel dry enough to burn.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Put em about lip level to Trump that will dry them out. Sorry suppose to say nice things it being Sunday, sorry sister Mary Catherine Serious now I do it like Canuck147 cut very small pieces allow to dry couple days wrap little bit in paper towel store it in a drawer don't forget where ya put it.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

put it in a vape .

Comment

I just set a few small nugs off to the side when harvesting. I began trimming and smoking them after about 3 days of drying. Worked well, gave me a nice sample, and overall, I plan on doing it again.
                Also, don’t use hot air! Anything over 70 begins burning off terpenes.
                Gorilla 3x3
                LEC 315
                Kind Soil
                Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Yes, you can. But flavor/taste will suffer.
                  4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                  3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                  2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                  running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                  https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Baaaaad idea. Fast hot dry will produce lousey bud.
                    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thank you, all, for your sage advice. It's much appreciated.
                      AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
                      Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
                      Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
                      4' x 4' grow tent
                      6" inline exhaust system
                      Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X