help with toping plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with toping plants

i have a question about toping plants?? last plant i toped i waited for it to grow 6 nodes then toped it at the 3rd wich is fine no problems but i was wondering is thear a way to save a bit of time?? like waiting for plant to grow 3 nodes then pluck the top insted of waiting all that time cant you just top earlier??

Ya know boed the reason why I wait to top when it gets 5-6 nodes is because it's stronger/healthier generally won't slow down the growth rate by much, almost seems to increase growth spurt at least it's what I've found. My nodes on indoor grows are abit to close together do to my t5 or cfl seedlings being close to the lights. But if you want to you could sure give it a go. Good luck
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• boed
      boed commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks mate

SoOrbudgal is right. You wait until the 5-6 node because by that point, the plant should be growing vigorously and should be able to take the stress without slowing you down too much. Topping early puts stress on your plant that will slow it down. At least, that’s what I’ve read.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• boed
      boed commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks mate

• gbauto
      gbauto commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the biggest reason to wait. I will normally allow the seedling to grow until the 3rd node has developed good secondary branching(which is what I want to use to manifold from). I will keep the lower growth to help with photosynthesis while the 3rd node grows and then strip the lower growth to lollipop.

Thanks mate

Comment

SoOrbudgal, is exactly right, everything thing she said, and so or the others.It want slow them down if you wait, by the time they get 5-6 nodes ,they are well established.
      Good Luck with your grow.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks mate

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X