New to Hydroponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Hydroponics

My husband and I are getting ready to do our first water hydroponics grow and we are wondering when we need to add cal-mag nutes?

Welcome.
    Normally, signs of a Ca or Mg deficiency would only crop up during vigorous growth or flowering. I also found it was strain-dependent so I would suggest studying what the leaves look like when def/toxicity develops. What nutes are you planning on using?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Howdy K Simpson32, Are You planning to use RO or distilled water for the grow? If so, one would need to supplement the minerals right from the start. I use the city tap water and because a good portion of the water supply is from well water, the calcium and magnesium is already there. I have not needed to supplement the water with any calcium or magnesium. You should be able to get a water report from your local water supplier that will list all minerals and other chemicals present in the water supply. If you are on a local well, you may not need to supplement it at all (depending on the soil and rock formations in your location). If you do have your own well, it can be tested by local agencies for content.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• KSimpson32
        KSimpson32 commented
        Editing a comment
        We're going to use distilled water with General Hydroponics Flora Trio and Hydroguard to prevent root rot.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X