Cloning help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning help

A friend of mine tried cloning my plant 2 days ago. The "mother" was at 15 weeks into the grow cycle so I am not sure if it was too late or not as the plant is nearing harvest. He used stim powder on the roots as recommended in the growweedeasy guide and placed them in moist organic soil.

I have since had them under my 1000w LED full spectrum grow panel and have been spraying/misting them with water a few times a day.

They look quite droopy and I'm not sure how they will take or how long. He said a couple of days but I am not sure.

1. When do you start watering them normally? 2. When do you start adding liquid nutrients? 3. Should the light panel be on Veg only or both Veg and Bloom?

I guess the easier question is do I treat them like regular seedlings and if so about at what point...days or weeks?

I have a suspicion that because of how far along the Mother is that they may not take at all....

This question of course is for people who have a fair bit of experience cloning.

Thanks.
    I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

I use a system with tap water and air, takes 10 days for roots (average), and then to soil. During this time they get only weak light, and sprayed at least 2 times a day. When planted they need a few days to grow roots into the soil, not to wet or dry. When they show new growth then work them into the lights/sunshine (16/8), then treat them like any other young plant at this point.
    When in bloom they can be hard to clone but it will work, may take a few more days, if kept in bloom they make a bud but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
      I use a system with tap water and air, takes 10 days for roots (average), and then to soil. During this time they get only weak light, and sprayed at least 2 times a day. When planted they need a few days to grow roots into the soil, not to wet or dry. When they show new growth then work them into the lights/sunshine (16/8), then treat them like any other young plant at this point.
      When in bloom they can be hard to clone but it will work, may take a few more days, if kept in bloom they make a bud but not much.
      Helpful part about bloom. However, I wasn't looking for the how to or how someone else does it, just some advice on what I have done. I am hopeful it will all work out but I'm not holding my breath. I think the mother is too far along in the growth to clone...
      I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I have cloned in full on bloom (and kept them in bloom for a short early bud to taste), it is more difficult nut can work. I used to just plant the cuttings and did fair, either way takes about 10 days for roots,,, I have 1 plant now that I almost lost, root rot, but a limb stayed and grew, in full sunshine with no roots and it lived.

I recently cloned several cuttings from plants 6 to 8 weeks into flower successfully by simply putting them in glasses of tap water and covering them in a plastic dome and misting a couple times a day. They sat in a north facing window. Took 10 days plus to form roots. So dilvish I don't see why you are too late. Mother plants are designed to take cuttings from for years so.
      Check out the cloning articles on the forum.

Mr Green has been growing marijuana on a commercial scale since 1990 and has made thousands of clones. Learn the exact technique he uses to get clones consistently rooted fast, in 7-10 days!

Cloning is one of the easiest and fastest ways for cannabis growers to make many new (and basically free) weed plants at once! Learn how to start cloning today!

Comment

They root anytime if the light temperature is right. Root best in lightweight water and good air mix. Like coir or perlite and soil in a propergator.

Comment

I assume you are attempting to clone a photoperiod plant that is deep into its flower cycle.
          It can work late into flower...but your success ratios are better when the mother is in veg or with in the first week or two of flower.
          I’m not understanding about stem powder on the roots. Did these clones root already and the guy put powder on them to transfer into soil? Or did the stem powder go on the stem where you are hoping the roots will grow out?
          they need watering to promote root growth. You feed them a few weeks later when the leaves show signs of need to feed.
          Light panel should be in veg. They don’t need much light to survive and grow at this stage. Minimize your wattage to save on electricity.
          Last edited by Toker1; 09-07-2019, 11:20 AM.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Toker1 View Post
            I assume you are attempting to clone a photoperiod plant that is deep into its flower cycle.
            It can work late into flower...but your success ratios are better when the mother is in veg or with in the first week or two of flower.
            I’m not understanding about stem powder on the roots. Did these clones root already and the guy put powder on them to transfer into soil? Or did the stem powder go on the stem where you are hoping the roots will grow out?
            they need watering to promote root growth. You feed them a few weeks later when the leaves show signs of need to feed.
            Light panel should be in veg. They don’t need much light to survive and grow at this stage. Minimize your wattage to save on electricity.
            The leaves all look dead. The cloning guide on GWE says to mist the leaves rater than watering the soil they are planted in. Maybe that's why they are dying as I haven't watered the soil for 6 days ( I did yesterday) instead I was misting and using a dome. The leaves look almost dead now and I am wondering if I need to try again albeit today is only day 7. at what point should I give up and try again? The Mother is now 16 weeks and almost finished it's cycle.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              The nitrogen in the soil inhibits root growth. Try a medium like rock wool for better results.
              I don’t spray leaves. Sure I must the humidity dome for the first few days...then after that they need to grow roots to get water. If they keep getting water through the leaves...it takes a really long time to grow roots. The longer they take to root, the more prone they will become to infection.
              The medium must go through a wet dry cycle. And it helps to have some gentle air movement.

dilvish the roots need time, older mother clones in flower take a lot more time to root. A t-5 or CFL and some good fluffy no nute medium is all it needs. That light seems like overkill at this point. I don't spray either, just moisten soil not drench put dome on it creates it's own humid moist environment. Patience and less is more at this point.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X