Outdoor temps and our plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor temps and our plants?

I have only one outdoor plant and can move it before frost which has me wondering how cold tolerant is cannabis? Obviously freezing temps are a no-no but frost happens a bit warmer and some plants are not cold tolerant below 40 or 45. I have had several 46-48 nights and several upcoming call for 45. For my specific spot it probably means about 38 ish. Is that too much for it?

Thanks
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Over the past 3 years I've grown plants outside, they always encounter frost before they finish. I have had them down into the 20's overnight and they just shrugged it off.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Morning Older I have gone till late Oct. my only caution in our area is moistier and air flow. I will put them under a easy-up canopy mid Oct. when rain begins but we'll also have warm sunny days. I supper crop now do to height when they are 4wks into flower so that if they don't finish by end of Oct. I drag what's left into a greenhouse with windows open. It's mold and no airflow that gets me worried, frost they will tolerate as gbauto says.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I'm just gobsmacked! I've been all a twitter about the upcoming season change and by the sounds I need to find something to help me chill a bit. Oh, wait, it's waaay too early for that! I guess I'll just keep an eye to the sky and if it looks like an exceptional chill I'll figure a way to get her inside.

Thanks gang

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Heck I've even put them under car port just so they don't get rained on. Less light but air flow is what i'm needing.

OlderNOTwiser...
        I am new at this..last year we got an sn early frost and coverd mine with a blanket and a plastic tarp. It worked great...just did it before dark and took it off in the morning when the sun started to warm it up.

Comment

I have appointments and errands this morning after being away a week but...my Lady friend you just triggered an AHA! moment for me. I'll get a proper pic posted when I get back but Sadie (ever watch Disjointed? try it.) is sitting under a very large trellis/arbor of my own design and I could very easily use it and plastic to build a tent. Guess Home Depot just became one of my errands!

Comment

Glad o could help. Like I said I'm new to this growing venture too. But it works great. A plastic tarp helped to keep the blanket dry and frost free. I have one plant and she's in the ground check outside. And will be keeping an eye on the weather from now on. She's the only one out of four that is a female. So I must watch her closely.

Comment

So, the trellis thing is right over her head and will work nicely when the real bad stuff comes. As you can see she is just filthy with buds right now and I'm probably 6 weeks out (or more). I started very late for my region and zone and it was really just a joke to begin with. But, as you can see, the joke was on me and here I am 3 months into this with nutes and schedules and moving her away from the house to get daytime sun and scooting her back to the house to start to shorten day lighting. I only have the cost of FF trio involved thus far so this is a free grow of unknown origin and I've gotta say I'm really liking this!

On a side note...being outdoors the 12/12 or less will happen in three weeks anyway but does the cold at night slow growth or accelerate flowering as a reaction to the impending season change? Thinking it's a slower but love to see the latter.

Comment

• MeestaFeesha
                MeestaFeesha commented
                Editing a comment
                Heyyy, look! A pergola! Another thing you can purchase (I bet at Homie de Pot) is 'Frost Fabric', got a fair amount of it at the house currently.

I think it slows down being cooler at night but not a lot....great looking plant too.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X