Quick Dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Dry?

I read one of the threads and/or comments a week or so ago and it was mentioned they were going to grab a larf bud or something and do a "quick dry" and sample to get a feel of what they may be achieving in the coming weeks. So my question is just how does one do a quick dry to that end? Obviously microwave is out. A few decades ago we ironed leaves to get them dry enough to smoke (light years ago it seems, before we realized we were getting a nasty toke and about 2% thc as opposed to the bud...and back when we USED an iron!). I'm thinking a slow decarb in the oven? Low and slow?

Buehler?
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

The only “quick dry” I ever do is leave it at a low room temp for a few days until is crisps up. Adding heat to increase dry speed is not recommended. Unless you are processing into oil or something, the terps vaporize at temps higher than 70F. So flavor is dependent on low temps, stable RH, and dry time.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      Then I guess that answers that. I wondered about oils and terps and all of that and high temps. Almost dark outside right now with about an inch of rain coming from Canada shortly so off with its head! Ok, maybe a tiny budlet or something so I don't have to mess up the light cycles.

I do quick drys for "quality control " purposes - or when I'm seriously low and close to harvest - it's easy - take the bud and cut it up in small pieces, wait a couple hours and cut it more like your going to roll it - l leave it on my rolling tray in the cupboard and just mix it up with your fingers every few hours and 24 hours or so later it's sampling time.

editing part is - better to do it close to harvest to try and avoid those 'racy highs'.

another edit - dry even faster sitting in the sun. Hehehe - another secret gone.
    Last edited by Canuck147; 09-01-2019, 09:12 PM.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X