newbie harvest question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie harvest question...

getting ready to pull the plug on one of my girls...possibly a dumb question but the internet can't make up it's mind on this one...does it matter what time of day i harvest? some sites say before first light, some say early a.m or sunset...in practical terms does it really make a difference? fyi she's a NL auto from Nirvana...

in practical terms its all the same, except if you are growing outdoors then harvesting in the middle of the day with the sun and the heat the buds will get more sticky and make more of a mess but i dont think its a big deal either

Comment

Give 24 hours of darkness, then chop before light. Gives the plant a chance to use up any potential stored energy. Once lights come on, plants are making energy for themselves again. This can have an effect t on final flavor.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

ok folks...I need a tiebreaker here!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          haha you said practical terms, its not like you gonna be able to tell what time it was harvested by smoking it, there are far more important things to get right before worrying about metabolic differences during the day, keep practicing on drying and curing, thats where you are going to actually improve the quality of your buds.

• duckman
          duckman commented
          Editing a comment
          you make a good point, 9fingerleafs...just trying to get an idea what more experienced growers do for harvest time.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. Drying and curing are most important.
          But you can always harvest half the plant during the day and separate the two. Then make a decision for yourself as to what you prefer in your final flavor. 😤

Read dr photon’s response from this post.
        So I forgot to turn my light off Monday night. I was going to harvest tonight but they will only have been in the dark for 12 hours. I should probably wait
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Gee, Toker1, I don't know if I can accept a second opinion from yourself as a tiebreaker . I'll check dr photon out, many thanks!

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol. 😂
            No prob.

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...before-harvest...some interesting ideas here, Toker1, thanks for the info...my big takeaway from Drphoton was: As it has been shown plants degrade 95% of their stored resources by the time of their calculated night cycle is nearly finished. I think as you suggested I'll give her some dark time (12 or 24 hrs) then take her down before sunrise. sounds very zen. we'll see if I can get up before the sun

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X