Decarboxylating freshly harvested cannibis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decarboxylating freshly harvested cannibis

I may be just dreaming but decarboxylating fresh properly harvested cannabis in mason jars and then just letting the jars seal, which they would do immediately, and then storing them seems like a great and simple process if the result is good. The decarboxylated and ground product, kept in the freezer (which is what I have done), seems like it might keep a very long time and it is very convenient. I eat it directly, usually on a bit of buttered toast, but I’m thinking why not smoke it as well?
    • Is there any drawback to smoking decarboxylated cannabis?
    • Compare decarboxylation results to drying and curing results for long term storage and use as edible or smoked..
    • Compare decarboxylating freshly harvested cannabis to cannabis which has been dried first or dried and cured first before decarboxylating.

Howdy Llewellyn, It might be something to try, but the curing time (while still containing some moister) in the jars does make a difference in the smoothness and quality of the bud over time. One might loose this part of the curing process by cooking the fresh cut in the jars. Plus, having a greater moister content in the bud could cause either higher temperatures or longer time to carbolate the bud.
    It might be worth trying. But I would try it out on a small sample first before committing and entire grow to the experiment. A beneficial effect might be less chance of mold developing in the jars during storage, just like 'canning' food.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Hey llewellyn your name is welsh. Storing decabe weed maybe be Ok edible. Smoking already thc it might burn away.

Comment

alltatup has some experience in this realm. Hopefully she will chime in here and help out.
        Just my 2 cents: the decarb weed has lost most of its flavor profile after this process. You will either need to add terps back into the weed or deal with out.
        Terps have medical properties and add to the overall intensity of the final effect because they create interactions with the THC/CBD/CBN. Terps are important to most growers I know, but not all.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

The Ardent Nova is a decarb machine that preserves the terpene profile by maintaining a very low temp throughout the decarboxylation. https://ardentcannabis.com

I have two of them and it's one of the most useful Cannabis machines out there.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Ardent Nova.jpg Views:	8 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	333436
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            IDK how accurate the info was/is but I have read these run 120*F with very little variance. I must try a longer lower temp decarb!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X