Sustainable plant with out mother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sustainable plant with out mother

So I'm currently growing a plant in a small tent and it's going well. I like this strain and want to be able to keep growing it indefinitely with out having to keep buying seeds. Unfortunately I only have one space to grow in for now so I can't keep a mother plant around. I've looked at cloning or revegging and I just don't know the best way to go about this with just one little grow space. My best guess right now would be to try cloning late into flower stage and hope a clone survives until I harvest and restart the grow. If anyone has any experience with this, it'd be great to hear some tips. Thank you

Hi Henry, I routinely take clones into the third week of flower, but I have a place to keep them in veg; not sure how you'd manage clones. I've re-vegged several plants in soil, but it's usually a pretty slow turn around and larger plants were not successful.

How big is your tent? Maybe you could squeeze a little veg box inside with a small lamp to veg under.

Check Gingerbeard 's continuous harvest out...his dirt and fish shit show is working great.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• henry420
      henry420 commented
      Editing a comment
      The tent is very big at all. Probably all I could manage is a small cloning box. Not too much room to fully veg a second plant

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, HD! But you caught me off-guard. I had to remove the dividing wall in my tent because the two plants I'm sun lighting have overgrown the 2'x2'. Pictures will be posted on Friday of the super high tech flowering chamber I'm getting for Big Bertha.
      My cloning experiment got blown off my balcony. I was a moron to think they wouldn't. I picture them pirouetting away like dandelion puffs. I've had a good stock of bag seed so haven't really otherwise tried. Probably might next time.
      My tent is 2'x2'x4.5" and usually holds 2 well LST'd plants, without sun. My last harvested gave me 65-70 grams. If you're able to get a small LED, take a look at the ideas at the link below. Also think about other portable boxes you can use to keep things where they need to be. A computer case gets talked about a lot. A light in a kitchen cabinet. I hear tell there are frost resistant strains grown in Greenland that might do well in your refrigerator. Or maybe someone else heard that. I don't remember.
      Space Buckets - DIY indoor gardeners

ive had the same plant for over two years cloning every generation keeping no mom, this is what you can do, first take cuttings and place them in a solo cup with clean water, you can use cardboard with a few holes as a lid and to support the cuttings, you gonna place them in your grow are during lights on and during lights off you need to place it ANYWHERE you can leave a bulb on for the night, the clones need 24 hours of light but doesnt have to be much so any bathroom or kitchen top will work, you can even use a table top lamp in a desk, etc... the important thing is to change the water every day. hope this helps

Comment

• henry420
      henry420 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not a bad idea. How far into the grow do you cut your clones and how long can you make them last in the cup? I'm not against getting a small cloning led to keep the alive until the tent is ready

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i always clone in vegetative stage once the plants are big and strong, usually takes almost 3 weeks to roots, ive had clones for over a month without dying before rooting. if you using rooting hormone youll have better results, the big enemy in this operation are bacterias, make sure the bottom of the cutting doesnt get slimy or mushy by changing the water daily, thats the golden rule

Mr.furley made a great post recently about keeping moms small. I'll see if I can find it.

This cutting in dirt is only 10" and seven nodes tall. Her sisters, cut on the same day are in their fourth week of flower in the 90 liter DWC in the middle, pic below.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190828_185443[1].jpg
Views:	122
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	333200

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190825_074708[1].jpg
Views:	107
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	333201

henry420 Anything's possible, you just have to figure out a way to manage it. 9fingerleafs has a schedule that works with a reliable slow cloning technique. I've got an aero-cloner sorta figured out and I can get a clone well rooted in ten days with the GSC X I'm working with. We'll be working with different start and end dates, and in different media, but it's all the same process.

If you have some time to waste, experiment. Even if you can't find space to keep clones, I'm betting you know someone you could gift a little plant to.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

This grow space is 30 inchs by 30 inchs, the plants are around 4 to 8 months old, just cut some clones a week ago.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...547#post316547
      this is how that space looks tonight.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/filed...8&d=1566947229
      there is 4 autos and 3 mothers, you can see one hiding in the bottom left in the small space.
      here is the other options, my tent is a three compartment tent that is 3'×4'×6' which was the only choice for my space, it can run three spaces in one. There are 3 different sizes

good luck
      Last edited by Mr.furley; 08-28-2019, 10:02 PM.
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X