Help. Nutrient Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. Nutrient Problem

Hi all I'm in the 6th week of flowering and I cant get my nutes dialed in. Everything was fine then all of a sudden my ec just starting rising out of nowhere at about 60 ppm per day and the ph is dropping like a rock until the ec gets high enough then the ph starts rising again. I have no idea what adjustment to make or what is going on. I was only running 750ppm and everything was stable and since the problem started I've done a res change to 550ppm and still the same problem.

pistils have already started to turn color maybe 20 percent of them so far. Idk if that helps solve the problem or mean anything. It's supposed to be a short 45 to 55 day flowering strain of gorilla candy and I'm on day 40.

Comment

oogrow88 Don't sweat it. Depending on the strain, they'll dump some nutrients in late flower and you pH will plummet. It could be some pythium in your rez too. If it was earlier, I'd suggest spraying the roots with H2O2 in a sterile rez management set-up, but this late, I'd ride it out with the flush.
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Plants take in nutrients and water as separate processes. If your plants take in only water your EC will rise causing your pH to fall. As long as you’re experiencing a water level drop with the associated EC rise and pH drop it’s normal. Just top off your reservoir with water only until you reach your starting water level.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Obi-Wan I'd suggest that in a well managed environment and with a properly sized rez, the rate the plant transpires water should pretty closely follow the rate of nutrient uptake and there shouldn't be too much of a spike in the nutrient concentration. If your water level is dropping and nutrient concentration is rising....your E.C. is probably higher than it needs to be. Spikes that take your pH out of range over a period of a few days, might be manageable, but they're not what I'd call normal.

In the O.P.'s situation reducing the E.C. didn't fix the issue. I'd like to see a pic.

Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Obi-Wan
            Obi-Wan commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree if the EC is managed to the plants needs it should remain stable because the plant is using water and nutrients at an equal rate. EC rising can point to a number of environmental issues including low humidity, excessive heat, root issues. In the original reservoir, if the ppm is set at 750 and they rise by 60 ppm per day, the result after 3 days is 930. That’s enough to drop the pH significantly. Provided the nutrient were mixed properly you won’t see a rise in ppm without a drop in water level, nutrients don’t move backwards through the roots. The roots exchange sugars for nutrients which normally produces a pH upswing. Low pH is generally a result of root issues or EC being to high for the plants needs.

• Obi-Wan
            Obi-Wan commented
            Editing a comment
            Without more clues about the conditions I would guess it’s a root issue, either rot or lockout.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X