Spider mites at harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider mites at harvest

I’m starting to harvest and notice the little cobwebs. I know it’s spider mites and have been researching... does anyone know anything about ozone generators? I work in an industry that deals with big odor problems and uses commercial ozone generation to kill the smell, they kill everything actually. My plants getting cut anyway, I bought the smallest one home and wanting to blast them. But curious what effects it will have in my plant or is it trash?

Not trash - dry em, cure em and then smoke. Little dry webbing will help it burn.

​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I was curious and found this short article about getting rid of spider mites with light.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Wtf no other damage?? Hmm have you seen one yet? Maybe it’s another type of spider? Just sayin from what I have read by the time you see webbing you should be destroyed (meaning your plant) but if it was growing fine and yield is good I doubt it’s that..

Comment

I wouldn't smoke that shit. Not a fan of dead bugs and bug shit. From the looks of the picture it is pretty well infected.

Comment

Were they on them weeks ago or just noticed during dry hanging? That's a shame but if your needing it do what you want. Back 40+yrs ago when I started smoking dirt weed who the hell knew what pissed on it really!
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I started harvesting about 3 days ago and saw nothing, I do a cola or two a night after work...I grow in a 4x4 tent in my garage, so the occasional beetle of bug is expected in the tent. I noticed the first small web the first day and thought it was a baby spider of some sort... wiped it off then the next day there was more and I started googling.... I looked at the base of some of the leaves and seen little black dots moving....the stuff I’ve trimmed is in a old 2x2 tent and shows no signs of anything...If j can get it jarred I hope to be ok...

Comment

Get a jewelers loupe atleast 60x and make sure you identify those moving dots.

Comment

Geek95 I've used an ozone generator in the past to deal with odors; VERY effective. It definitely oxidizes your buds and reduces the character of your smoke. I've never heard of it being used for bug control, so can't comment on it's usefulness there.

For anyone considering using a commercial ozone generator, you should just use it to treat exhaust air before it leaves the grow space, not to treat the air in your grow or living space. The ozone is a strong ozidizer and will break down plastics, harmful to your lungs in high concentrations, so use with caution. I'm not talking about the little O3 / HEPA filters people buy to fight allergies, BTW.
                  Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
                  400W HPS Mag Ballast
                  GH Floro - DWC
                  Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
                  - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
                  IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
                  Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
                  GH Maxi Series-DWC
                  Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
                  - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
                  - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X