Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Lights

I have been running for about 2 1/4 years the same lights. I thought when they burned out you got new ones. The store where I buy my supplies from said that I should be changing them once a year, because of the color spectrum. Is this true or do you wait til the light burns out?

Depending on the brand of light. I run a hortilux hps and I get 3 grows from start to finish out of it. My understanding is after a year of use you will lose approx 30% of your lights strength.

Comment

i usually get three grows from my light for flowering A sodium lamp ,so say every year i buy a new sodium light ,,,but i have used a same light for two years and really i never noticed any difference in yields ,,mac,

Comment

What type of lights and wattage are you running?
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil
        Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

• Elizabeth
          Elizabeth commented
          Editing a comment
          Emperor, 1000 HPS

Elizabeth Your HPS bulb will degrade by less than 10% in about 8000 hours of use based on Sylvania (inexpensive lamp) data. Lighting is never my limiting factor with my 1000W dimmable / convertible, so I don't sweat the loss of lumens, but some would.
        Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
        400W HPS Mag Ballast
        GH Floro - DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
        IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
        Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
        GH Maxi Series-DWC
        Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
        - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
        - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X