Transplanting during flower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplanting during flower

Okay, so I'm new to this and it kinda got dropped in my lap, but I have my flowering plants in 1.7 gallon pots and I am in fear of them becoming root bound as they are approaching 26 inches...how can I transplanting without shocking my girls?? Please help!!

How far into flowering are they?

Comment

Check your root ball first. It may not be necessary to transplant. I've grown 24" in 1.7 gallons with plenty of root room to spare.
      Last edited by Gingerbeard; 08-22-2019, 03:57 PM. Reason: Should have shown this photo.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

It's been 27 days now since 12/12 was introduced.

Comment

Comment

The roots are not coming out of the tub yet

Comment

And they probably won't come out of those tubs - cuz they are not black - roots don't like any light.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

How can they come out is that not clear plastic? Now I just gave my 2cents to someone that is maybe in the same boat as you Billy. My thoughts are you waited to long into the switch nearly a month, guess you were trying to sex them? Well if they are now 27 days under 12/12 they could hermie/stress from transplant or have all kinds of root issues. Dang are those auto flowers looking at your strains?
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• BillyGoodbud
                  BillyGoodbud commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, they are not autos, they are clones and my buddy kinda peaced out on me .....I know shit about growing and therefore turned here for help. He left the day before I harvested the plants that these clones came from which had be one root bound however they were much bigger than these are now when they went into flower and he had bullshit lighting hence my fears

Transplant gently into 3 or 5 gal. fiber pots with good soil and perlite, cross fingers.

Comment

No they are not auto flower and like I said originally, it was kind of dropped on me. I went from financial backer to grower over night. If I don't tplant, should I cover the pots to make them opaque

Comment

• Canuck147
                    Canuck147 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good idea - wrap em in cardboard or something easier. Duct tape......

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes cover set them in cardboard boxes I guess? Hope your "friend" ain't expecting any reward from the work you gotta do now to keep em healthy. What a shame but you will still get buds but quality and quantity will be lowered. My thoughts good luck Billy that's a tough bunch of luck you got there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190824_203558277.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	4.57 MB
ID:	332469

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190824_203617842.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	4.42 MB
ID:	332477Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190824_203503036.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	332478

Comment

Plants do grow better in bigger pots and don't like light. I would say if are growing to expectations leave them and maybe cover the pots

Comment

WOW yes I would not transplant those are growing pretty big. Billy just cover the clear plastic, else I think roots would be harmed.
                        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                        indoor/outdoor grower
                        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I would say don't transplant too far along in flowering.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X