Slacker bud sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slacker bud sites

I'm wondering about removing the secondary branches because of how underdeveloped the bud sites are. Their top colas look a little more than halfway decent. Is it worth trimming the secondaries to put all the energy into the mains?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

If you have enough room - I would leave the branches on and just cut off a few of the bud sites on the bottoms of the branches.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      I started considering that after my post. Yep, bye-bye buddy.

Honestly, I think there are a lot of opinions about what’s right. Some say go full bore and prune off entire branches that are “suckers”. Others say remove all the fan leaves but leave the bud sites. I am going to try that for my next grow.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

Small bud sites and small branches fully developed aren't that bad a bit of proper weed. You could trim the shadowing fan leaves
      Last edited by Sww; 08-21-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

This is a special plant. Big Bertha hasn't seen any more darkness than my balcony at night. Always enough light to read by. It get's it's first ray of sun at 10:30 and watches the sunset at 7:00, apartment grown.

I've been following Nebula's manifolding technique with happy results. My last harvest was 2 plants in a 2x2x4.5 tent. It gave me about 75 grams. One of those plants broke a secondary branch early on. The remaining secondary branch produced more than either of the mains and the three branch plant produced more than the four branch. I'm considering doing a cut of one of the secondaries I just debudded. Since BB is absorbing as much ambient light as it can and the sun pretty much goes all the way through, I'm holding on to the fan leaves until right before switching to flower.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X