Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeds and strains

Hi folks -

I am mid-flower for this grow and started thinking about what to do next. Has anyone successfully created a strain? Or crossbred two different strains to make something a little unique? What constitutes a "new strain"?

I have been buying feminized seeds because I am an indoor grower. But maybe for next summer picking a couple of strains I like and not getting feminized seeds and deliberately producing a few males would be the way to go. I was reading that some indoor growers take a brush and (VERY carefully) will pollinate one bud to get seeds and not seed the whole grow.

Anyone ever done anything like this?

Not sure seed banks should have a lock on all the genetics and starting to think we need to "free the seeds"! :-)

Billy

A long time ago I created my own strain, dont ever tell anyone where you plant,,, the seed crop was ripped off after working them 15 years, by a so called friend. I wanted to do harm to said person, but told all his "friends" instead.
    Last seed I made was inside, I collected the pollen in a zipper bag, stuck the bud I wanted seeded into it and shook. I am surprised I got very few strays. I do seeds inside so it does not affect anyone's plants.

Comment

No one else?

I see a lot of banana hammock pics out there this time of year. :-)

Comment

Sure. I have created strains before. Accidentally and on purpose. Please learn the process of seed stabilization first. With out stabilizing the seed first, results will not be repeatable. In other words 100 unstable seeds is like creating 100 different strains with similar ancestors.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

What is the process of seed stabilization?

Comment

4x4 600w HID empty for summer
            3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Gracias...

Comment

• Toker1
                Toker1 commented
                Editing a comment
                De Nata

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X