Anyone diy a mid-power led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone diy a mid-power led

Has anyone here made their own LED light using the mid-power strips (not the cobs) for their garden?

Im looking for advice on what is good selection of light color temps and mono-colors to use for 2x2 space. I’ve been leaning towards the Samsung Q series @3000k plus adding some 280 UV.

Any advice?
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

If you want to buy local, check out QG LEDs. The 3000K spectrum lights are probably too red if you're using them in a veg chamber. Lots of ppl using agro max T5Ho's for UV.

EDIT added link https://quickgrowsupercenter.com/pro...tegory/qgleds/
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• YYCannabis
      YYCannabis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the link. Looking at the numbers, those lights are horrible efficiency compared to the led strips from Samsung and Bridgelux.

I’m hoping to build something that cranks our the lumens to just below the point that I would need to start adding CO2.

Cheers

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Kind of a myopic analysis of the QG lamp....it's got a more appropriate spectrum output for the service and the bead density in the strip means more lumens / area. Light density matters to the plants and the wallet, do the math ... $/lm/ft. There's a thousand environmental tweeks that'll net back more than adding CO2. Not the least of which is intense, color appropriate lighting.

Go to youtube and watch the video by greengenes garden called “photoboost strip diy led build”. These are Samsung 301b’s

Comment

Hi, .
      I made a simple fixture for a friend of mine for her small grow. Most current spec light strips will produce sufficient PPFD when running at least 30w/sq ft, so I'd shoot for 150w as a minimum.
      What I used was a full sheet aluminum baking pan(18x24) as the frame and heatsink for 4 Samsung F564B double row 3500K running on a Meanwell HLG-180H-48B driver. https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-stri...lux/#more-2416 is a good resource. This fixture will crush that space for under $200.

WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice lighting....I am assuming these are wired parallel? Did you take any driver or tent temperature readings? Using a non-contact infrared gun, it shows a round 96F about 12” from the driver and about 76F on the light strip heat sinks. I’m trying to find a lesser heat option for the drivers and found using one of the 6” fans blowing on them brings it down to 82-84F and they are remotely mounted running about 60%-65% of the 100k pot

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X