Autos and stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autos and stress

I’m interested in the myriad of opinions here about the topic of training autos, and in particular of manifolding or quadlining them. I’m specifically interested in whether you think the stress from HST/topping/etc. can cause autos to hermie. Those of you with experience are particularly valued in terms of feedback on this thread. Thank you GWE community, as always!
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Just bumping to see if anyone could share their experience. I’m interested in aggressively training autos, but I’m nervous about hermies.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

You can top the autos around the 5th node and you can defoliate lightly around week 6. Expose bud sites to the light but just bear in mind that if you remove too many leaves, they’re not coming back. If it’s a bushy full plant, defoliate.

Comment

What do you all think about quadlining/manifolding autos?
        Gorilla 3x3
        LEC 315
        Kind Soil

Comment

I've quadlined mine the last 4 grows and haven't ran into a problem. That being said, I will say I have had a few hermies, but I don't think it was quadlining.

I was mainlining a bloody skunk auto and accidentally broke one of the main stems off the branch a little way into flower, leaving only one main branch left. I think that was operator error, not because of the training method lol.

I've grown 3 Bears OG once and am currently growing it right now. The last one hermied from what I thought was a case of fungus gnat larvae (I did have them, but I'm not so sure that's what caused it to Hermie.) I'm growing it again, and I think I see balls on it. I'm thinking the seeds they gave me were hermies.

Anyway, I've had great success with quadlining. Here's some pics to prove it lol.

Bubba Cheese

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-022942.png
Views:	203
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	331368

Girlscout Cookies

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-023407.png
Views:	132
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	331369

Jock Horror

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-023333.png
Views:	134
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	331370

Bubba Kush

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-023018.png
Views:	143
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	331371

Sour Diesel

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-023422.png
Views:	136
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	331372

Alien v Triangle

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-023118.png
Views:	146
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	331373

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-022852.png
Views:	142
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	331374

White widow CBD

Name:	Screenshot_20190820-022929.png
Views:	137
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	331375

All autos!
          ​​​​​
          Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• s62
            s62 commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful plants! You seem to be the exception to the rule! I can’t find anyone else who quadlines/manifolds autos. That said, I’m still going to try it, I think. I just wanted to get a feel for what people think about stressing autos generally.

• Doubledealing72
            Doubledealing72 commented
            Editing a comment
            YouTube green75. That guy mainlines his autos, and he is who I first saw train autos like that. He lead me to where I am today because I watched his videos.

I think when autos first came out they were extremely sub par compared to photos. But they have gotten better over time to the point where they are almost the same as photos. They are able to take a lot more than they used to!

Those photos look like the giant bouquets of flowers you see in the center lobby of a nice hotel... beautiful AA+

Comment

mcubed476 I am not that experienced with growing autos but I agree with you about how far genetics have come with autos. You got a real talent with them.
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X