Magnifier choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnifier choice?

I am at the point of harvest time but it’s hard for me to tell with my phone or loupe with me being blind and shaky. So I am looking to buy a different one and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them? Two kinds one that hooks to phone or computer by cord and one that clips directly to phone camera. I don’t want to waste money if they don’t work well. If anyone knows anything about them or anything else in price range?

I have the second photo. It's really good for the price. The only thing is that it can be difficult to keep the camera steady when holding by hand. If buy another one if mine broke
    ​​

Comment

• CC420710
      CC420710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was trying to debate which I could hold steadiest but idk

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree sir. Plug it inna laptop sit in front of your plant and just stuff the business end into a bud and see what you got. Like what you see, push the button & take a pic. For a steadier look cut off a hunkabud put it on a white plate and set the scope down over it.
      Last edited by PRIMO; 08-17-2019, 02:32 PM.

Subbing in just because I’ll need one soon. Im interested to see what people are using. I’ve been burnt by Amazon “reviews” in the past.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

I’m on the wagon. A lot of similar choices in amazon.

Comment

i use a microscope app from google play. on my sony xperia z5 phone.it works great and free

Comment

This is my favorite out of around 6 different ones I tried that were cheap and pretty crappy: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...chomes-clearly

No getting around movement or shaking, though, when dealing with something that small.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

you might find your answer here...https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...chome-pictures

Comment

Just want to share everyone should get atleast a 60x minimum. I have been learning a lot about pests and some pest like broad mites will make you think you have a deficiency (mostly bottle users) and you will try adjusting ph or give it more Cal/ Mag lol but it can just be a pest. I believe it’s the broad or russet mite not sure but the symptoms are just like TMV. Just and FYI

Comment

• 420chicano
                420chicano commented
                Editing a comment
                True....growing Wedding cake strain outdoors 6 weeks of veg Hardened off inside for 3 weeks so 9 wks Veg. Got some early signs of flower so I started looking at bud sites some had curling leaves like a deficiency . But after further examination of flower site (mites light orange 🍊 in color or light orange ) in side new flower growth. Or aphids ? Yes bugs can make leaves look like problems in PH and other stuff

Hey cc here's a pic from a digital microscope I got on amazon for like fourteen $ Click image for larger version

Name:	S20160228_0001 (3).jpg
Views:	252
Size:	488.4 KB
ID:	330921

Comment

• CC420710
                CC420710 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome ty. Now is it similar to second picture?

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes #2 There are several to choose from,I think they are all the same only different.

PRIMO nice pic. What stage is your plant in? I know flower but is it ready to harvest? I see clear,milky, and amber or am I wrong I always have a hard time with this??

Comment

• CC420710
                CC420710 commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too what is your harvest date for that one?

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                Cali It's an old pic I don't remember, looking at it i'd say 2 or 3 weeks out yet. I like more milky and amber.

I hate when people stop responding. It happens a lot to many anyway. Conversation is going well then it just ends. So I encourage others to please check back if you were part of the discussion. It helps us find the answers

Comment

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                I hate when you offer someone a helping hand and they whine about you didn't do it quick enough.

• CC420710
                CC420710 commented
                Editing a comment
                Its been my experience that when someone hasn’t responded after a couple days then they aren’t going to respond at all especially if they were and then stopped. So if you are saying you would of came back to this post after a couple days passed then my apologies it’s not something that usually happens. My comment wasn’t based on the one post but many past posts. Not all are even just this forum but forums in general. I’m glad that isn’t you but the facts are that it happens a lot by others. So I apologize if you took it personal because 99 percent of the time it’s not a matter of impatience it’s people leaving a post halfway through. Which leads to more topics because there are still unanswered questions answers they could of got if everyone stuck with a post they started helping on. So what I am trying to say is for everyone to keep coming back until the issue is resolved or there just isn’t anything else to do to help. For me there were a couple times I just needed someone to respond to what they started to get the help I need but they never did so I have to start over if that makes sense? Once again sorry if this wasn’t your intention I’m just speaking from what I have experienced from others

I got this number for like $19.99 , but... I am dumb and had a helluva time hooking it all up . My nephew helped and I can only use it through Skype lol ... Its Invaluable for a grower. I'll never be without a USB microscope. Happy harvest

Comment

• SirSmksAlot
                SirSmksAlot commented
                Editing a comment
                I have the same one and once you download the app on Android it works on your phone. Mine came with a type c adapter. It works very well

Thanks everyone this has been very helpful I really like it when several get involved it makes a good post for people to learn.

Comment

CC420710 I get what you mean that’s why I don’t really post here on my grows. First of all most growers here love their chemical bottles so when I ask or post about my organic soil I either don’t get reply’s or just get challenged lol. I get it though on this site all that’s pushed around is the brand of this bottle or what you think of the brand of that bottle lol when they all do the same thing. I tried making a sticky on my soil mix so I can have a place to post and hopefully get reply’s and most important help new growers get into this style of growing. Honestly it makes way better quality in buds and it’s better then using bottled nutrients, a lot easier no guess work no trying to be a scientist lol mixing all kinds of chemicals when in soil the plants do all that for you. Only thing is you may have to find something to do with all the free time you have not checking ppm,ecm,ph, calibration solution storing solution runoff wtf so much shit. I don’t know now I’m ranting lol. I just wish we had a sticky like this when I started I never would have used bottled chemicals. The only tutorial on organic soil here is the subcool one and it is been upgrade and modified by even subcool himself because some of the ingredients are not sustainable and the way they’re made are not 100% clean ex. Blood meal, bone meal, and the use of bat poop which is bad to harvest for the bats.. a lot of shit that they push here that isn’t 💯 correct. I tried making this organic part better but I just get ignored. Nebula and Sirius are to busy making money with they’re online tutorial which encourages growers to use bottle nutrients. So this will not change. Monsanto companies have they’re name on some of these products look it up most likely your already using it. And if they have they’re hands on this I can’t trust it. Fuck commercial hydro shops and commercial weed.

Comment

Oh and back to your concern i hate that there are a thousand new threads asking the same question what ph pen is good. I’d say the one my plant uses but it’s her secret 100% correct all the time. Lol
                  Some of these things need to have sticky’s they are the most common questions new growers have.

Comment

• YYCannabis
                    YYCannabis commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think this is the first forum that I’ve been a part of where there is only one category for posting. Why is there no dedicated subsections for hydro or dirt? What about a sub for equipment (I.e. pH pens and fans etc)? Maybe a dedicated “my plant is dying!” Section for dealing with pests and problems. Or the always needed info “what type of lights should I buy?” subsection.

• s62
                    s62 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My experience is that having multiple sub-forums only works if you’ve got a large active population posting. Otherwise it’s healthier to keep it together.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X