Problem With my PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Problem With my PK

So, I have 2 PK plants side by side, in the same soil, same pots, same water/schedule, same lights. Same everything. The only difference is one germinated about 4 days before the other one and I had it under an LED until the other one was good, then proceeded to stick them both under the HPS. I know alot of people recommend against this but I did it anyway. Well now the plant that literally has only ever known the HPS looks amazing, and the older plant that was under the LED for a few days has this problem. The only reason I bring this up is because this was the only variable that was different. The problem I am having is the leaves are clawing, the tips are rolling, the plant is almost developing a strange texture, and the big leaves are almost bubbling and turning deep green. I can't seem to get a straight answer on what's happening to my plant... Everyone is telling me something different. Even searching online for different symptoms I come out with a combination of a few problems. Maybe that is the case but if someone can help clarify what's happening it would be greatly appreciated. It just doesn't make sense that all the controls are the same but they look vastly different. I really appreciate any help anybody can give me!

Thanks!

​​​​​
    Last edited by Ramborampage; 08-15-2019, 05:51 PM.

Does your soil drain properly without perlite? This next line is a shot in the dark, is it possible your plant in HPS was able to dry out better due to heat conditions? 🤷‍♂️

What is the soil that you are using?
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• Ramborampage
      Ramborampage commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not following any specific guidelines, and I lacked the money to do things properly so at the moment I'm not expecting much for a yield. it feels like it drains decent. I definitely regret not adding something like perlite. I wanted to go all natural and organic with minimal chems, so I have an organic base soil thats enriched with Milorganite and I added a bit of organic vegetable/tomato/herb fertilizer. I planted them in 5 gallon pails right off the bat so I've been spot watering to prevent over watering. we've had both plants on the same schedule, with the same watering, under the same lights. Basically one was just quicker to germinate, so I put it under the LED until the other one germinated because I knew the HPS would make them grow like crazy and I wanted to put them under at the same time. But I think it was only under the LED for 4 days until we put them both together under the HPS at the same time and they've been there together for 3 weeks now I think. My friend from work suggested today that it was probably just extreme light stress from switching at such a young age from a weak LED to an HPS, but if anything you would think the one that basically sprouted under an HPS would be the one showing light stress. My first thought was under or over watering but I can't find a plant that even looks remotely close to mine. The dark green bubbles leads me to believe it's a nitrogen toxicity, but again, I can't find a single picture that even looks close to mine and most times all of the leaf is dark green not just a bubble when there's a nitrogen toxicity. And mostly everywhere I read says it's almost impossible to get a nitrogen toxicity in the Veg stage. So I really don't know what's going on and it's driving me crazy!

I really appreciate your reply, I thank you for your time and if you have any other input it would be greatly appreciated!👍👍

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Perlite is all natural volcano stone.
      Your plant is hungry.

When I had started my seedlings inside, they were not a fan of the 300w LED (and poor soil I used).

It could be stress related to being in the new home with HPS. Did symptoms show immediately after being transferred? Or is it more recently (3rd week)?

Seedlings don't require much to start off, if they are given access to excessive nutrients they'll show their struggle. If your soil drains well, I would be led to believe the roots can breathe and spread well too.
    Meesta's Grow
    2019 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-meesta-s-grow

2020 https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ta-s-2020-grow

Comment

• Ramborampage
      Ramborampage commented
      Editing a comment
      Honestly the symptoms could have been there earlier but I didn't really notice until mid 2nd week because I was taking care of a friends house and was only at my place intermittently.

It just doesn't make sense that one plant looks awesome and the other looks like death. You would think if I had crappy soil it would affect both of them.

It honestly looks like it is doing alot better today. Not sure what I have done differently... Maybe it is just light stress?
      Or maybe there was a hot spot of fertilizer?

I appreciate your input and I will keep your thoughts in mind on my next grow!

My 2 cents worth is it started with light heat combined with poor drainage and by now I would of watered till run off. Stay away from miracle grow nutes
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Ramborampage
      Ramborampage commented
      Editing a comment
      But if it was poor drainage would it not be affecting both plants since both get the same amount of water at the same time and they both have the same soil? And are you saying I should start watering until I see run off? I was told to wait until roughly the 4th week or when my plant starts producing mature leaves (7 or so blades) before I watered until run off. Which I guess is right away anyway.

Thanks for your 2 cents! I will pocket it and spend it later!👍😁

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X