Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to switch to bloom nutrients for outdoor plants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geofite
    replied
    Here's an update. I switched to the Dutch nutrients formula Bloom A and B, DNF Bloom Stacker, and DNF Diamond. They are doing great. All the Colas are making buds. So gorgeous! All these plants are Northern Lights.
    Last edited by Geofite; 08-19-2019, 01:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MeestaFeesha
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise is mentioning LST, as opposed to topping, to maintain a shorter height.

Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!

A little late for your monsters, but I'll say, it's a fun process in itself! I've done it to my ladies, and they're more bushes than trees at this point.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Try this on a plant, bend her over and tie her down, then watch what she does!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Way to flippin grow there Geofite. You are a green thumb, natural just keep doing what your doing. I start bloom nutes just when the calyxes start shooting out pistols I call it preflower i don't go full on with the bloom till 4 wk, I give 1/2 strength with N also. You have what appears to be a great environment where there growing. Just watch how they react to nute changes. Keep us posted.

• Geofite
    replied
    Originally posted by MeestaFeesha View Post
    Mother of Mary, Geofite, you're doing excellent! I thought the big ones were all one plant!
    Thanks, I'm shocked that they are doing so well seeing as this is my first grow. I had a few issues along the way but managed to sort them out and not kill my plants. The 5 big ones are 8 feet tall! I had to cut the tops to stop them from hitting the sky. They are growing so fast now, it's just amazing! The buds are doubling in size daily.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    commented on 's reply
    yes i would switch to bloom formula and keep using diamond until the stretching stops

• MeestaFeesha
    replied
    Mother of Mary, Geofite, you're doing excellent! I thought the big ones were all one plant!

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    replied
    Originally posted by Sww View Post
    Some ppl give bloom from day 1 switch so it dont stretch and the nodes are closer..🙂
    Thanks, will switch this upcoming feed in a couple of days. Yes, they are going nuts with the stretch!

Leave a comment:

• Sww
    replied
    Some ppl give bloom from day 1 switch so it dont stretch and the nodes are closer..🙂

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    replied
    I am using Dutch nutrients formula Grow A and B and Diamond. Yes, they are still stretching and it's noticeable daily. Thanks for the info. Will start with the Dutch nutrients formula Bloom A and B and continue with the Diamond next feed which is in a couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Geofite
    commented on 's reply
    Currently, I am feeding them Dutch nutrient formula, Grow A and B and Dutch Diamond. I started the big ones indoors in a grow tent from seed. I had 6 seeds, then I put them outside, then I took 10 clones from one of the big ones and they went in to the tent, but they got sick and started to turn yellow so I put them outside. They are doing well right now and also starting to get the white hairs. I have the Dutch Bloom A and B and they also recommend to keep on using the Diamond. Yes, they seem to be still stretching and getting bigger daily, it's so noticeable every day! So I should start the bloom next feed which is in two days?

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    yes it is time, my gosh you are doing a great job with those ladies. if the plants are currently still stretching every day keep providing a little bit of nitrogen for a week or so until you see pistils forming crowns, what are you feeding them?

Leave a comment:

• When to switch to bloom nutrients for outdoor plants?

This is my first grow. I was wondering when it's time to switch to bloom nutrients from grow nutrients? The plants are starting to get the hairs for the last couple of days. Should I wait a or do I need to start now?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X