What is that WHITE THING?? HARMFUL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is that WHITE THING?? HARMFUL??

Hi Guys! It's raining here since 7 days. I'm little worried about my seedlings because there is some white substance building up on the soil. Is it mould or something?? Is it Harmful for my seedlings? Please help me out with this guys. How to avoid and all.

​​​​​​Cheers!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190814_160507.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	330179Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190814_160415.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	330178Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190814_160531__01.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	330177

Hopefully not white powdery mildew? Also, how far away is your light? Looks like your seedling is really stretching.
    Gorilla 3x3
    LEC 315
    Kind Soil
    Current: White Widow XXL, Crystal M.E.T.H., Six-Shooter, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x2, Strawberry Cheesecake

Comment

I've had that but never had a problem with it. Google solutions of hydrogen peroxide and/or distilled white vinegar for mold. I'm a fan of the H2O2 because it adds oxygen to the soil.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Howdy akshay315, It looks ,to me, that what You are seeing could be a mineral build up due to evaporation. I have seen this on the Hydrotron clay pebbles before. The minerals (nutrients and chemicals) dissolved in the water are left behind as the water evaporates, leaving a white powdery residue behind. This also happens in irrigated crops as well. You can test this by dripping some fresh water on it. If it is the residue, it will dissolve away and disappear If not, it may be a mold or fungi and You will need to take different steps to eliminate it.
        Good luck with Your grow..
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          akshay315, One cheap and easy solution might be to shade the top of the pots (soil) with foil or something to block the light from reaching the mold/fungi and promoting the growth. There are several fungicides available in the market place, but I do not have any recommendations for any of them as I have not ever used any of them for my hydroponic grows. I have (and still do) use Azamax to control algae in the reservoirs and GH FloraShield solution to knock out a fuzzy growth on top of the rockwool cubes one time. I do not know if the growth was algae or a mold, but it did clear it up. Might be worth trying, it is relatively inexpensive and when diluted (as per bottle instructions) goes a long way.

• akshay315
          akshay315 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for taking your time DW2 on this one.
          The foil thing if we apply, won't the soil will be damped forever?,
          I'll research more on Azamax & GH Flora... Or any other..
          Just need to make sure that it does not contain any addition chemical which can harm.

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Instead of foil, use some dark cloth which should allow the moisture to pass thru (although, some what slower than completely open to the air).

Originally posted by DW2 View Post
        Howdy akshay315, It looks ,to me, that what You are seeing could be a mineral build up due to evaporation. I have seen this on the Hydrotron clay pebbles before. The minerals (nutrients and chemicals) dissolved in the water are left behind as the water evaporates, leaving a white powdery residue behind. This also happens in irrigated crops as well. You can test this by dripping some fresh water on it. If it is the residue, it will dissolve away and disappear If not, it may be a mold or fungi and You will need to take different steps to eliminate it.
        Good luck with Your grow..
        Yeah like you on clay pebbles I get the residue on my clay pots. It is mineral or perlite dust residue

Comment

• akshay315
          akshay315 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got your point.
          Thanks Sww but it's definitely not vapo mine residue because according to DW2 I tried dripping fresh water but it didn't dissolved.
          Another thing is if I don't remove the white it keeps spreading..
          Last edited by akshay315; 08-15-2019, 03:53 PM.

Damp and like fungus ghat poo

Comment

There is also also something called mycelium it grows on top of soil it’s a good thing if your not growing with bottled chemicals because it helps break down nutrients to make them available to your roots.. if your worried about molds look up Neem Cake or you can spray with bicarbonate yes that thing you put in the fridge to keep things fresh. Make sure it’s fresh though don’t use the one you’ve had there for months. Mix some in water and spray.. look it up I always advice here to look up a product and read the label most of the time you can make it at home for A LOT CHEAPER and WAY more concentrated. Don’t worry about your local hydro shop they’ll be fine, worry about what you can save which is Money and most important Mother Earth all those bottled shit can’t be good for our environment look it up. If you drain the bottles down your sink you will get a horrible smell like sewer and that’s the shit we add to our plants?? I’m done.. hope I helped a bit and sorry for the rant..

Comment

• akshay315
            akshay315 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very true! RECYCLE, save money...

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven't heard anyone use the word 'mycelium' since someone very close to me grew psilocybin in my late teens.

Dude! Companion planting mushrooms with weed? If one of you people don't try this I'm going to. Maybe cross pollinate spores and a real strong Indica. If I can figure out where to get a kit I'll do it. Sounds like a lot of work on my part. One of you people better try or it won't get done.

Currently dabbing Durban Poison wax. I'm going to read back on this afternoon's comments and see if I made as much sense as I think I am.

akshay315 Hi and welcome to forum. If no one mentioned above, your seedling is way too stretched out. She needs more light, and she may not recover from that stretch. This is what a seedling should look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	seedling.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	330398

Stem needs to stay short or it won't be able to support emerging leaves.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• akshay315
            akshay315 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much alltatup, will surely do it. Currently I've very ordinary led bulb with lots of lumens, so I painted led bulb with permanent blue marker, I've ordered some grow lights and they will be here in some days. Can you also please share a side view image of this seedling so that I can understand the height between levels.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            akshay, You can tell it's pretty short from where the dirt is. Just look up pics of seedlings online.

I also recommend that if you don't want to waste your time and money, you read as much about growing Cannabis as you can. That's how you'll learn to grow really great bud.
            by Nebula Haze Table of Contents What Do Healthy Seedlings Look Like? Common Seedling Problems    1.) Overwatering

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X