Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I copied my message to Nebula to here in case Nebula is too busy to respond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at your plants at 11 weeks quite good really. If they are fed properly maybe fault with the lights. And too much nitrogen or nutes stunts a plant. I had it not long ago I feed a plant twice, it stop growing then flush it abit and bingo off it went again

Comment

Originally posted by growsomebuds View Post
      Greetings Nebula. I only contact you as a last resort, as I'm sure you're busy. I've made at least 3 posts since mid May in an effort to try and understand why my plants are all so stunted. I've received no reasonable explanations as to my dilemma, thus far. These Pineapple Express plants began life in early April. The tallest is only 20" tall. The two shortest are 12" tall. I put them into 12/12 flower ~ 2 weeks ago in the hopes I'd get that flower stretch. I see it happening on a stunted growth scale. I just read about Nitrogen deficiency. I didn't consider it until minute's ago. I watered and removed some yellow and dying leaves on all plants two days ago. These were on the lower nodes of all plants. I took these pics 30 minute's ago and freaked out at the number of yellow leaves on the tallest plant! The 16" plant developed more yellow leaves in the same two day period. I don't get why this is happening. I use GH's Flora Trio in well water(admittedly, I have hard water). I also use a cheap pen to pH my water every time. See the leaves on the plate? Those came off the 20" plant, tonight. Can simple Nitrogen deficiency be the sole cause of my abysmal plant growth. I'm at my wits end. I have good lighting(may even have light burn issues), good air exchanges, temps are in the low to mid '80's during the day. I really hope you can take some time to access my problem. Ask me all the followup questions you require. Thank you so much for reading. If you haven't the time or inclination to respond, could you move my post to the regular forum area? This is it for this year's grow. Whatever yield I get from these in a few more months is all I'll have to smoke until next year's harvest. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks for reading
      The plants look good except for the burned up tips from nutrients it looks like. And the small size. How is the humidity in there? Look up VPD, vapor pressure deficit. Sometimes low humidity can prevent the leafs from (“breathing”) properly and will not grow. Also I noticed Nebula and Sirius will not reply and it’s been happening since they been busy with they’re online payed tutorial which I was excited about until I asked some questions about and I got no reply. Plus it just encourages growers to use bottled chemicals and I made the switch to living soil. A world of difference in bud quality and I don’t have to worry about ph this ph that no ppm no run off to check no pen no calibration solution no bullshit I just worry about my soil and the plants do what they do best. No point in trying to reinvent the wheel when is been rolling just fine for multiple years. Let me know if the VPD helps.

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        Cali, my sentiments exactly regarding living soil. It is a pleasant change and so easy...only difference is I have to pH my water. It’s alkaline

I forgot I had two pH powder packets from a pHing kit. Gonna buy some distilled water tomorrow for calibration. Also have a pH pen that will measure TDS,as well, on order. I have little to no run off from any of my containers. Is that a major oversight?
      I only had the lower pH powder packet. Had to make multiple turns to bring meter down to 4.01. All I had was 250ml of just distilled water, which I assumed to be around pH 7.0. I rinsed the pen's probe(just had another cup with distilled water in it), then blew of the sensor with compressed air. I put the pen into the cup with just distilled water in it, the pen didn't move much from 4.01. This leads me to believe the pen is wonky, but then again, I wasn't exactly using proper protocol to calibrate my pen.

On a positive note, I have ordered 10 pairs of pH buffer powder, and remember, I still have a combo Ph/TDS meter on its way. I figure with both pens and the calibration powder I'll get one of my pens dialed in.
      AMS Supreme, auto-fems from AMS.
      Using FOX FARMS Happy Frog soil in ~2 Gal pots.
      Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
      4' x 4' grow tent
      6" inline exhaust system
      Growing in an outdoor structure w/ no HVAC system

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post

The plants look good except for the burned up tips from nutrients it looks like. And the small size. How is the humidity in there? Look up VPD, vapor pressure deficit. Sometimes low humidity can prevent the leafs from (“breathing”) properly and will not grow. Also I noticed Nebula and Sirius will not reply and it’s been happening since they been busy with they’re online payed tutorial which I was excited about until I asked some questions about and I got no reply. Plus it just encourages growers to use bottled chemicals and I made the switch to living soil. A world of difference in bud quality and I don’t have to worry about ph this ph that no ppm no run off to check no pen no calibration solution no bullshit I just worry about my soil and the plants do what they do best. No point in trying to reinvent the wheel when is been rolling just fine for multiple years. Let me know if the VPD helps.
        Well, it's monsoon season here at the moment, but Mother Natur didn't get the memo. Not much rain but humidity is still above 45% in my house. The plants are grown outside in my wood shop, though.

What is living soil?
        Only one VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series V450 LED Grow Light is being used for this grow.
        4' x 4' grow tent
        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Had to make multiple turns to bring meter down to 4.01.
        what did it read the first time you put your pen in the calibration solution before "turning"?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.furley View Post

what did it read the first time you put your pen in the calibration solution before "turning"?
          In the sixes, I believe.
          4' x 4' grow tent
          6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Stick your pen inna cup of milk, if it reads around 6.6 or 6.7 you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
              Stick your pen inna cup of milk, if it reads around 6.6 or 6.7 you're good to go.
              Thanks, I'll do that. :-)
              4' x 4' grow tent
              6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
                I just tested my pen on a cup of D milk. The reading..........................................w ait for it................................................ .........8.7! So, I dialed the pen to 6.6. That makes my well water come in at a pH of 5.6. So, I would say that my pen has been out of whack going back to last year's grow. I had 3 plants that were stunted. Didn't mention it, for I really thought it was a root issue. I do have a new pen and calibration buffer solution on order to properly dial in both pens, though. I had one plant that came out good for this noob grower, last year. It's another reason I thought it was an issue with the other 3 plants. That, and the fact that pH pen calibration never occurred to me. The one below is my crowning achievement, thus far. Not great for you pros, but good for me. lol
                4' x 4' grow tent
                6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Thanks for the milk tip, PRIMO.
                  4' x 4' grow tent
                  6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
                    Because the plants have the best use of nutrients between ranges of pH... it is extremely important to keep their environment within that range or they will not be able to take in the elements of your nutrients with ease. If your car ran best at 40 miles per hour and you drove it at 70mph, you would not take advantage of the best use of fuel, tires and other components of the vehicle. However at 40, its smooth sailing.

While not a great analogy, it should give you an idea that you may be providing all you need it the soil but you pH is preventing the plant from accessing it properly. there are a load of visual aids on line that can help to illustrate this..type in "nutrient lockout chart"
                    I get what you're saying w/o the analogy. lol
                    Last edited by growsomebuds; 08-16-2019, 11:41 AM.
                    4' x 4' grow tent
                    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

• Farmall
                      Farmall commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah...But it helps me figure out what I think I thought I said

Last year I bought organic soil, but was using GH Flora Trio of nutes in that soil. Was that a major no no?
                    4' x 4' grow tent
                    6" inline exhaust system

Comment

What soil was it? And yes using bottled nutrients is a no no. Do yourself a favor get a good soil mix and all you will have to do is get an IPM going while making sure your soil is moist (never) dry and you will have the best harvest (all around) period..

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                        What soil was it? And yes using bottled nutrients is a no no. Do yourself a favor get a good soil mix and all you will have to do is get an IPM going while making sure your soil is moist (never) dry and you will have the best harvest (all around) period..
                        Some pre-packaged stuff at Home Depot.
                        4' x 4' grow tent
                        6" inline exhaust system

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X