Nute Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nute Recommendations?

Hi, first-time grower here and would like to hear from advanced growers about recommended nutrients. I'm using the Flora trio for my first grow but would like to know if anyone recommends additional nutes (e.g., Flora+) to help maximize flavor/aroma/potency. Thanks!

Depends on what you're growing in.

Comment

I'm pretty happy using both G.H. Flora series and Maxi series base nutrients with G.H. FloraBlend and KoolBloom. Lately I've been using some B vitamins and kelp additives. I run a couple of DWC setups, YMMV in coco or dirt.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_103900[1].jpg
Views:	286
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	329637
      Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
      400W HPS Mag Ballast
      GH Floro - DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
      IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
      Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
      GH Maxi Series-DWC
      Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
      - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
      - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

I don't know the Flora line, but see what supplements they offer. It's probably best to stick with the same brand for supplements.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup As far as matching brands goes, you do have to be careful using so called "beneficials" as they need to be managed carefully. With salt based additives it matters less, but you still have to read the labels.
          Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
          400W HPS Mag Ballast
          GH Floro - DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
          IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
          Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
          GH Maxi Series-DWC
          Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
          - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
          - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            HappyDaze I agree with you... I think. I have not studied Cannabis nutrition--YET. I've been busy learning other stuff. So I follow directions for the most part and I trust my brand. It's clear that you know tons more about nutrients. But I can make a mean tincture or concentrate!! That was more important to me. ;-}

I totally agree with you about AN: I used them for about 1.5 years, disliked their website with all its macho glitz and lack of clear information, and struggled with their nutes and their dosing system. Now I'm using Future Harvest out of B.C. I use the whole line of FH nutes and I am delighted with my results so far.

That being said, I never used the word "best" and neither did sweeper91. S/He asked for recommendations for what other growers do, so I wrote down what I do. I'd rather not even try to talk about what's best, because I don't believe that any one answer will suit everyone--and I'm pretty sure that you don't, either.

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            alltatup Obi-Wan just schooled me on what I know about pH up...it's obviously pretty limited. I made an assumption that would have had a pretty serious negative impact if someone had blindly followed my bad information.
            You're correct when you point out that the question wasn't about the best nutrients...it's about best results. What works for one setup, doesn't always work in another and the experience we share really helps make sense of it all.

It's cool that you're using a locally made nutrient lineup. I've got to take a hard look at F.H. now. Thanks for adding to my readin' list!!

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            ​​​​​​​@HappyDaze  What I never understood about AN was the continual increase in all 3 base nutes throughout the grow; I inevitably ended up with nitrogen toxicity and I had to flush a lot to avoid nute lockout symptoms. I talked to someone on the phone a couple of times about it and never really understood his response which was something like, "We don't put much nitrogen in our nutes."

Compared to my struggles with AN, Future Harvest is a breeze to use. I've got 4 plants per 6-gallon reservoir, and the dosage is specifically tailored to my grow box. The plants just eat it up!!!

For ease, although there are probably easier ones, I like Mega Crop + Cal-Mag + SNS 604B (Kelp) + Liquid Kool Bloom through Flower to about 2 weeks to go, then switch to Dry Kool Bloom. Silica during veg

The Mega Crop dissolves instantly which I like. I use all of this stuff moderately and it seems to supply everything needed for top water into coco, non organic. The Mega alone claims to have all this stuff in there but it's really not enough. Fairly inexpensive for this regimen
          complete beginner
          39" x 39" x 78" tent
          315 Watt CMH
          4" Phat Filter w/ 4" Hurricane duct fan
          Automatic top feed into coco.
          Mega Crop nutes

Comment

Fox Farm Trio, and Alaska Fish Fertilizer, Unsulphered Molasses as supplements.

Comment

I started with the GH flora trio and I ran their full lineup for awhile. I ran it in coco and dwc. Along with the trio I would recommend Cali-Magic, Armor Si, Rapid start, Liquid Kool bloom and Flora Nectar. I’m not saying the others don’t work, I just never noticed much of a difference when I used them. The liquid koolbloom can be omitted and replaced with a higher dose of Flora Bloom so it really isn’t necessary but for what it is it works.

Cali-Magic- Calcium/Magnesium
              Armor Si- Silica/disease resilience
              Rapid Start- root health/ booster
              Liquid KoolBloom- pk booster
              Flora Nectar- Magnesium/ Sulfur
              Last edited by Obi-Wan; 08-12-2019, 12:09 PM.
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Obi-Wan
                Obi-Wan commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m not going to say I disagree with you but I don’t think they’re all created equally. Replacing your silica supplement with pH up is fine as long as you know where it comes from, the ratio, and how to convert it.

For example I use Dynagro’s line of nutrients now and while their pH up and Pro-teKt are both derived from Soluble Potash(K2O), the pH up is 5% derived from potassium hydroxide and potassium carbonate while the Pro-TeKt is 3% derived from potassium silicate.

Not exactly an apples to apples switch.

• HappyDaze
                HappyDaze commented
                Editing a comment
                Obi-Wan Thanks for the correction...I said "all" ...should definitely have said "all the one's I'm familiar with" which is in fact a pretty limited list..my bad.
                Thanks also for reinforcing the point I struggled to make....reading the labels will keep you out of trouble a lot of the time.

• sweeper91
                sweeper91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks obi-wan! I'm using the flora trio now but would really like to enhance the flavors and aromas, so any other nutes you might recommend to that end would be appreciated! I thought I might give floralicious plus a try but I'm not sure if it's safe to use in hydro

sweeper91 The Flora Nectar is what you want to use for flavor and aroma, it’s less about the sugar in hydro and more about the Magnesium and Sulfur.
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• sweeper91
                sweeper91 commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool-thank you! By the way, I noticed there are 3 different options on the Flora Nectar--which do you choose? I don't want to add any flavors/aromas to the plant that weren't there before, so I'm assuming I would avoid the Pineapple. That leaves FruitNfusion and sugarcane
                Last edited by sweeper91; 08-13-2019, 03:19 PM.

Growing in soil, has anybody tried finishing with maple syrup instead of molasses?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X