Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gorilla Glue wk12

Hello all,

In week 12 of flower and more white pistols are shooting out. Not sure if it’s fox tailing or what? I’ve been flushing for about a month now. The light has been about 18in away from the plant but just before reaching out for help, I moved it to 36in above the plant. Room temp is about 70-75 in the day and 65 at night.
    600 w LED
    12-12 schedule

Plant looks great!!! It's stacking new buds, not foxtailing from what I can see. Are you counting weeks from flipping your light to 12/12 or from the time you first started to see pistils? I've never grown any G.G., but I intend to try a G.G. cross, so I'm collecting data.
    Space 1: 3ft x 3ft T-Tek tent
    400W HPS Mag Ballast
    GH Floro - DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Green Crck from seed
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude clones

Space 2: 6ft x 6ft x 8ft room
    IponicZone 400/600/1000W dimmable HPS E-Ballast
    Supplemented with California Lightworks Solar System 275 with spectrum control
    GH Maxi Series-DWC
    Current grow - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream from seed
    - Humboldt Fem Blue Dream Clones
    - TGA GSC x Space Dude from reg seed in dirt, G.O. Box nutes

Comment

• Cberdahl
      Cberdahl commented
      Editing a comment
      Monday is the start of week 12 and I start counting weeks when I see pistols. ;-) I got the seeds from Lifted Cannabis Co out in Seattle, they have some great genetics.

12 weeks for GG? Who's the breeder? That seems mighty long for GG.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, if that's what they say; my Royal Queen Royal Gorilla (same strain) is 8-9 weeks, so I was surprised to read that.

• HappyDaze
      HappyDaze commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with ATU...that's a very long flower cycle, but the results look great. I wonder what's keeping them from turning more amber at this point? Genetics?

• Cberdahl
      Cberdahl commented
      Editing a comment
      My first thought was simply too much and after white pistols shot out for the fourth time; I became worried about fox tailing which started this chain. The majority of the trichomes still look clear or hazy so I’ve moved the light to 36” above the plant, cut daylight by 30min on the timer and dropped to 300w only. If she does only need 8-9 wks then there shouldn’t be any harm. She looks done... just waiting for darker trichomes.

nice plant WELL DONE!
    You don’t have to be better than everybody else. You should strive to be better than you ever thought you could be.------Todd Y. 1986

Comment

Thanks, it’s been almost 5 months of growing... glad to see some good buds for the effort.

Comment

It just seems to be a long time for indoor plant to grow I'm thinking the light is the issue?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Well now its been another 8 days since this first post and 95% of the hairs are orange/amber but haven’t curled in and tightened up. The trichomes are about 15% Amber and the rest cloudy. Last week I had to give her a single dose of nutrients after watering 4 times consecutively. Yesterday I gave her water with a nutrient flushing solution to make sure the dissolve the nutrients I gave last watering. I think she’ll take one more watering and be ready to harvest in 7 days.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Cberdahl A ripe plant will keep putting out new stigmas not to grow, but in a last-ditch effort to get pollinated. If all the rest of the buds are ripe, it's time to pull her. 95% is good...

I don’t get it... the plant looks amazing but now that I’ve harvested and begun curing, the potency is really low... I have a new seed of Cookies and cream that’s in veg. How can I increase the potency?? I was give lots of Fox Farm nutrients... what are better nutrients? Should I make a super soil?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Cberdahl what kind of high were you looking for? Maybe it was the breeder? Could be plant was not quite finished? Maybe allowing it to cure more? It's hard to say just looking at those pics from above. I only move my lights up from the plant if I see the plant reacting badly. Your nutrients are fine good stuff. Knowing the harvest time viewing trichs with a loop and patience. It's all part of learning how weed grows. It was a great looking plant, but it's guessing now.

• HappyDaze
            HappyDaze commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been luck so far with all my seed purchases. I've had lots of variability, but no outright disasters. Who was the breeder?

The seeds came from Lifted Cannabis in a Seattle.. I pulled it out of some bud I bought.. the strain and breeder are amazing. When Lifted grows this same seed it’s the best bud I’ve ever had. I just recently learned you can give too much nutrients which affects the potency in a bad way. I was watching the tich’s all the time with a loupe and they were ready.. 50% amber. I wanted a heavy head high with some couch lock... the buds are also really fluffy. They were dense on the plant. I’m still curing the buds also but I don’t think it’ll help much. Decided to go with super soil mix... it’s cooking now for the next 4 weeks... it’s already been 2 weeks.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            That was a beautiful plant, looks like it ought to get you high as hell. If those stigmas-pistils were mostly all brown-red, and receded back in to the bud, and you were seeing some amber ,it ought to be good stuff.
            My eyes are kinda old, and cant
            see your pictures that well. Lol
            The GGs, I've grown have been autos, and they were potent.
            It's its hard to beat ,good soil and water, seems to smell and taste better to me, but that's just my opinion.
            KindSoil is great stuff.
            Send a sample in, and get it tested.
            Anyway nice job with your plant.
            HappyGrowing.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X