3 week defole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 week defole

I do a defoliation in the third week of bloom , so for clarification sake,dont the pistils start showing up the third week of bloom , I have some thick bushy plants that really need to be thinned out a little but I dont want to do it early, and its going to take awhile I started on one plant and 3 stems broke off/off so I stopped ,I will have to get low and work my way up
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

I have stopped worrying about "when" and have been more focused on if it's needed. Some plants require defoli sooner or more often then others.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Bengfan
      Bengfan commented
      Editing a comment
      Totally agree. Remember when reading grow info. it is just a rough generalization. There are no "rules" just guidelines. Good luck.

• Canuck147
      Canuck147 commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on Mrfurley - have scissors will snip when required - never on a schedule.

Defoliating was my chore today as well. They are around 2 weeks into flower, and needed it. It was 3 weeks since the last defoliation and this is their last (I am almost positive) for this grow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	329443
    Last edited by billyboy; 08-23-2019, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      What size tent are you in? How big are those pots?

• billyboy
      billyboy commented
      Editing a comment
      4x4x7
      5 gal
      Last edited by billyboy; 08-23-2019, 08:55 PM.

• s62
      s62 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Agree with all the above, I do it as needed.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Two weeks later and I am a believer. I had to feed a lot more than when I did the sea o'green but the difference is pretty clear at this point. (Nothing against the sea o'green! I am smoking it now).

I suppose I will know for sure by Columbus Day :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	332072

Comment

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        wow! that was a jungle in there haha. The defol definitely had the desired effect. they are luv'n the light!

Mighty fine billyboy beautiful trunks and great looking colas
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

By way of update -

Chopped and dried the first two plants of six from this crop using the GWE defoliation technique and plant-yoyos to hold up the resulting buds. One Super Silver and one Grand Daddy Purple harvested and dried so far. Extremely positive medicinal value. Averaging 3 oz per plant (174 grams between the two). The other four have been getting fatter and denser for the last week with a sugar flush and calmag. They get chopped in two days. And there are Girl Scout Cookies and Blue Cheese in the remaining four for a good mix of genetic diversity in the final harvest.

So net-net, on track for a 510 gram grow which translates to .85 gr/ watt and HOAP (Harvesting Over a Pound!) in a 4x4x6.5, w/ soil, 600 w MH/HPS and love.

Thank you SiriusFourside NebulaHaze Mr.furley SoOrbudgal Toker1 oldjarhead100 for your counsel, advice, guidance and excellent posting and knowledge sharing to help a fellow grower.

ETA: I should add that will be 132 days from wetting the paper towels to final harvest.
        Last edited by billyboy; 10-10-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          nice job Billyboy

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Great job billyboy you should be proud, lots of work goes into growing successfully, you educated yourself with learning new ways of training, feeding and patience. The strains you choose from good genetics are a plus ontop of everything else you've done. Enjoy your harvest, onto the cure

• s62
          s62 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nicely done! Enjoy the flower.

Final tally with everything dried up and weighed out - 488 grams/17.22 oz ; .81 gr/watt

Still over a pound :-)

Super Silver Haze (2): 173gr/6.1oz
        Grand Daddy Purple (2): 158gr/5.6oz
        Girl Scout Cookies (1): 72gr/2.5oz
        Blue Cheese (1): 52gr/1.8oz
        Larf and droppings: 33gr/1.1oz

Super Silver Haze and Grand Daddy Purple definitely were the fast growers and healthy the whole way and it showed. Also they liked the defole the most. Shot up and filled out quickly right after. Blue Cheese, not so much but she was runty form the beginning.

Comment

• Gluteous
          Gluteous commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice job! Would love to get my hands on a few Super Silver Haze cuts.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          very nice billyboy

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X