Leaves yellowing on new seedlings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves yellowing on new seedlings

I have 4 autos that germinated July 24. I moved them to RW and into their baskets on the 25th(ish) with approx 1” of hydroton in the bottom of the basket to allow some air space. Of the 4 plants, 3 that have roots outside the basket are turning yellow. The 4th has no visible roots, and is small but very green.
    - My pH has been really jumpy from 5.8 ish to 6.8 ish in just 24 hours. I just readjusted all pails back to 5.8 - 6.0.
    - Nutes are fed at 1/2 strength.
    - lights on 24h at 24” (mfg recommended) 1200w (225w draw) LED with both grow and bloom lights on.

Since the ones with roots are yellowing, I think it’s lack of nutes, but I am looking for a second opinion from the good experts here for advice 😁

Cheers
    YYC
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Looks good to me give it some time. Don’t rush on the nutes or you are just going to burn it. Also when I would do dwc if the rockwool was too wet in the early stages of her life like when the roots are just breaking out the rockwool I would have weird twist growth or yellowing so keep an eye on that. Hope that helps.

Comment

i would agree more nutes because 24hrs is a long time

Comment

I think maybe your light is to strong ,I never put seedlings under a high wattage light until they are a few weeks old , you should never have to feed seedlings anything but weak nutes when there that small
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I start seedlings under 6500k cfl bulbs and really do keep them about 2-3” from the plant tops for about 3 weeks. It has eliminated the stretch I would get starting with leds. For 4 plants I used 3-4 100w equivalent In a 5 bulb splitter and it’s worked perfectly keeping the lush growth squat and strong and ready to train.

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s replies. What I’m seeing is that my lights might be too much and the nutes should be ok at their strength right now.

Ill check them at the end of my workday and post a follow up on how they look.
            There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
            1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
            2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
            3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              the nutes might not be ok start small and work up till you see tip burn and thats the max they will take

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X