Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Legally allowed 4 plants

Hey Everyone,

I’m starting to shop for my new grow room and just looking for some advice. I'm kicking myself for not doing this sooner, when weed became legal in Canada back in October ‘18. Anyways now is the time!

Legally.. I can grow 4 plants at a time. Currently have two in the backyard that are doing well and making me eager for October! But I want to continue this all year around so I can hopefully not ever have to buy again. My goal is to just keep growing 4 plants cycle after cycle, experiment with cloning and whatnot. But to keep it going.

I have a spare room in my house I am going to convert into a space for my plants. What do you (experienced growers) recommend for LED light wattage? And how many of those lights? Do you recommend a particular affordable starter light?

I have a few other questions as well, what does someone approx yield from 4 indoor LED plants? I know strain, conditions, lights, etc all contribute to the yield.. but if you could give me an estimate and what lights (and how many) you use, that would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

Hey there and welcome! Im not very familiar with LED but below i have included some info on LED lights that should answer a lot of your questions. And hopefully some seasoned LED users can give you more specific answers. https://www.growweedeasy.com/led-grow-lights

Also here is a guide on lights in general. I recommend looking at it to make sure LED's are what you want or if you want to go for HID or florescent.
    There many grow lights that work well for growing cannabis indoors, but they boil down to 3 popular types: fluorescents (CFLs, T5s), HIDs (MH, HPS, LEC) and LEDs. Learn the differences so you can pick the best option for your setup!

Hope this helps!

Comment

I’m also a new grower with LED lights, but I don’t know enough about evaluating their quality yet.

Regarding your 4 plants, remember that “Four plants” is anything that is not a seed. So, 4 plants in veg/bloom means you *can not* have 4 seedlings or clones at the same time in prep for your next grow. It also means you can’t germinate 12 seeds and wean out the weaklings to grow 4 strong plants.

Cheers
      YYC
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

4 plant rule is for those that want to register their household and I'll keep it at that.

Me - I just harvested 2 have 1 more at 70 days so she's close. 2 more at 40 days and 3 more around 30 days. 2 seeds germinating and 2 other seeds that popped and are in soil. So that's 10 plants. Around 100 grams per plant is my goal.

Homegrownnewbie - check into COB lighting - pull buds out the best, are not hot and can be run 24/7. Yes 24/7 - autoflowers love it, they pack on the buds and finish a little sooner - sometimes within the seed producers claim -:seed to harvest in 65 days. Plant 4 autoflowers each month and before you know it you'll be harvesting every month.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

If you’re going to stick to 4 plants I see you having 2 good options for a perpetual grow that will allow you to harvest every 40-70 days.

Option #1-grow 4 auto flowers and offset their planting by 35 days so you can harvest 2 plants roughly every 35 days. I’d oversize the tent here and go with a 4x4 just to be safe. If you’re dead set on LEDs I’d look into AutoCobs or Quantum boards, they’re a little bit more expensive upfront but it’s worth not to have to replace your lighting down the road. If I knew 3 years ago what I know now I would’ve saved myself a boat load of money if I spent a little more upfront.

Option 2- run a 2 Tent perpetual photoperiod grow where you Veg in one tent and flower in the other harvesting 2 plants every 60-70 days. If you want to clone this is the way to go and if you decide you like it you can experiment with keeping mothers. In this case I would recommend at least 2 tents. 1-2x2 or 2x3...just enough space to let them branch out a bit in Veg and 3x3 or 4x4 to flower in. They get bigger in flower so you want to plan for more space. As far as lighting goes here, the general rule is to have roughly twice as much light in your flower tent as you have in your Veg tent. It not a hard and fast rule but 400w is the least I would flower with.

I can have 12 plants legally where I live and I generally have 8 at all times. If someone said I could only have 4, I’d probably still grow 8 so long as nobody was walking around knocking on doors. The reason I’d still grow 8 is just that I have a good rhythm with 8, 4 in Veg and 4 in flower.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Hi newbie, welcome to the forum!! The amount you can harvest depends on your skill and your grow environment. When I started growing my own 3 years ago, I made the decision to get a stealth box to contain odor, light, etc. I now have 2 boxes set up in my grow room, and each one can grow 4 plants:

Click image for larger version

Name:	HID mar29.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	329017

Lately I've been growing three per box and I am getting 7 oz. per box, I'm striving for 8 or better on current grow.
            But like I already wrote, so many factors--including the strains you choose, lighting, nutes, size of grow space, etc etc--will determine how much you harvest.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X