Humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity

Hi is there anyone that knows a bit about humidity ?

Ask your questions, most of the people here know a little, some know more, none know nothing at all.

Comment

Well here is a little story for you Jonny from my personal experience. I am currently in my first grow, I decided to read most of the tutorials on this site before I chose to even buy a set up or even asking major questions of people on here, not knocking you for asking mind you Jonny, that is what we are all here for, I went this route so I could get a basic idea of what is involved with a grow. Most of the questions that do show up are great questions, but they come without basic information such as set up, strains, nutrients, and so on. In my experience with my grow I have found that if I have humidity issues, the first two things I look at are 1. What are my air flow conditions, is it too much or not enough. 2. The exhaust may not be pulling air out of the room or tent fast enough. Usually those two conditions were the culprit for my humidity issue. There are other factors that go into humidity as well, I cant speak on all issues as I've not experienced them all. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Thanks for that fatboy! My extraction was pulling to much air out so i have it turned right down and the tent still sucks in a bit! I had humidity up around the 50% but no air flow so i had to use more extraction but then less humidity! So now trying wet towels and water trays to see if that helps bring it up! Other people say bring temps down outside but if i do that they will drop below 20deg c as it is about -1 to 10 deg c here atm !

Comment

• FatBoy40
        FatBoy40 commented
        Editing a comment
        What size tent and light set up do you have

1.2m x 1.2m x 2m high , 600w hps

Comment

Cold air has less ability to hold water in it than hot air does. If your ambient RH is low, you might need to add a humidifier.
        If too hot and too dry conditions are your issue, I suggest a swamp cooler in that case for both.
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Its freezing temps outside so being colder isnt an issue and ive got a humidifier and temps seem pretty good just cant get humidity up! I tried towles/ buckets and it rose from 30% to 36%

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I said.., cold air has less ability to hold water. So sounds like you will need to humidify the grow room with a humidifier.

Yea i already have a really good humidifier in tent using 1 gallon per day on full

Comment

• Toker1
            Toker1 commented
            Editing a comment
            But you are exhausting the humidity out and pulling in dry air from outside the tent. My guess is you need a larger humidifier.
            I humidify the room my tent is in. My RH stays fairly consistent inside and outside the tent.

• FatBoy40
            FatBoy40 commented
            Editing a comment
            What is the size of the room your tent is in? I agree with Toker1, you will get faster and better results if your try to adjust the air outside the tent if you are pulling air from that room.

Yea 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m high! Yip im going to give that a go outside the tent thanks alot for helping!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X